MILPITAS, CA--(Marketwired - February 23, 2016) - Credo Semiconductor, a global innovation leader in Serializer-Deserializer (SerDes) technology, today announced it is expanding its product offering with a new retimer family that leverages the company's unique 25G SerDes architecture to deliver industry-leading power and reach. Providing extended reach performance of over 40dB, the Credo® CRT25XX family provides guaranteed, end-to-end signal integrity in backplane, front panel and copper cable applications.
"The introduction of the CRT25XX retimer family furthers Credo's commitment to provide high performance interconnect solutions that are required to fuel the next generation of data center, enterprise networking, and high performance computing platforms," said Jeff Twombly, vice president of business development at Credo. "In addition to providing unparalleled signal integrity, we are leveraging our extensive analog and mixed-signal expertise to develop solutions with extremely low power consumption and superior reach which are critical in scaling network speeds to 100G, 200G, 400G, and beyond."
The new retimer family delivers the industry's lowest power at less than 200mW per channel while achieving over 40dB of insertion loss performance. The extended reach performance provides robust signal integrity at 25Gbps across the most difficult channels, including legacy backplanes. In addition, system level integration and deployment is simplified with the company's unique Credo® Link Primer™ technology, which provides advanced auto-negotiation capabilities and highly flexible link training to enable seamless interoperability with IEEE-compliant devices from other vendors.
The Credo CRT25XX family consists of single and multi-channel devices that support bandwidth from 25Gbps to 200Gbps. Family members include:
- 25G bi-directional 1x25G retimer (CRT2521)
- 50G bi-directional 2x25G retimer (CRT2522)
- 100G bi-directional 4x25G retimer (CRT2524)
- 200G bi-directional 8x25G retimer (CRT2528)
- 200G uni-directional 8x25G retimer (CRT2518)
Additional Features Include:
• Support for the latest interface standards driving the Ethernet and optical markets, including:
- IEEE 802.3by (single-lane 25G), IEEE 802.3ba (40/100G)
- CEI-25G-LR (long-reach backplane and copper cables)
- CEI-28G-SR (chip-to-chip), CEI-28G-VSR (chip-to-module)
- Auto Negotiation per IEEE 802.3 Clause 73
- KR backchannel per IEEE 802.3 Clause 72
- MDIO interface per IEEE 802.3-2012 Clause 45
- Advanced and flexible equalization capabilities, including:
• TX equalization with programmable main, pre, and post-cursor
- Fully adaptive and programmable RX equalization with CTLE and DFE
- Programmable Tx/Rx equalization of all SerDes interfaces
• Comprehensive diagnostics features, including:
- Pattern generator and checker (PRBS and user defined)
- Internal eye monitor
- Analog test points
- Input/output polarity swapping
Availability and Packaging
Credo is currently sampling the CRT2524 bi-directional quad-channel device in a 10x10mm BGA package. Credo supports its offering with an evaluation kit, also available now, that allows customers to quickly evaluate the performance in their specific application environments. Other device family members are expected to sample in Q2.
Companies interested in learning more about the company's current silicon and intellectual property engagement options, as well as future developments should contact Sales@credosemi.com.
About Credo Semiconductor
Credo is a leading provider of high performance, mixed-signal semiconductor solutions for the data center, enterprise networking and high performance computing markets. Credo's advanced Serializer-Deserializer (SerDes) technology delivers the bandwidth scalability and end-to-end signal integrity for next generation platforms requiring single-lane 25G, 50G, and 100G connectivity. The company makes its SerDes available in the form of Intellectual Property (IP) licensing on the most advanced processing nodes and with complementary product families focused on extending reach and multiplexing to higher data rates. Credo is headquartered in Milpitas, California and has offices in Shanghai and Hong Kong. For more information: www.credosemi.com
Press Contact: Joany Draeger Draeger Communications 650-868-8945 Email contact