- Provides a best-in-class multiprotocol SoC solution for low-power 802.15.4 mesh networking
- Supports Silicon Labs’ industry-leading ZigBee PRO software stack for ZigBee applications and Silicon Labs’ pre-certified Thread protocol stack for IP-based mesh networks
- Offers a seamless migration path for customers needing to support connected devices using ZigBee or Thread
- Gives developers the flexibility to select the optimal protocol (ZigBee, Thread, Bluetooth Smart or proprietary) for their IoT applications
EFR32FG Flex Gecko Family
- Supports popular proprietary protocol options for diverse applications including M2M links, building automation, security and electronic shelf labels, giving developers the freedom to optimize their designs without constraints from industry alliances and standards
- Provides a flexible SoC architecture with built-in support for a variety of differentiated physical layer and packet formats and modulation schemes
- Features Silicon Labs’ new, intuitive radio abstraction interface layer (RAIL) software, easing the complexity of proprietary wireless development by simplifying radio configuration and enabling developers to migrate their application code across Silicon Labs’ Wireless Gecko products and future wireless ICs
Simplifying Wireless Gecko Development
The Wireless Gecko SoC portfolio is supported by Silicon Labs’ Simplicity Studio development platform, a unified environment for concurrent MCU and RF design. Simplicity Studio tools include AppBuilder, allowing developers to easily configure wireless applications while ensuring software reuse across Wireless Gecko SoC-based designs; Desktop Network Analyzer, providing full visibility and debugging of wireless networking activity by using the SoC’s packet trace port; and Energy Profiler, enabling developers to minimize the energy consumption of their code and extend battery life.
Pricing and Availability
Engineering samples for Wireless Gecko SoCs are available now in 5 mm x 5 mm QFN32 and 7 mm x 7 mm QFN48 packages; production parts are planned for Q2 2016. USD pricing in 100,000-unit quantities begins at $2.11 for Mighty Gecko SoCs; $2.06 for Flex Gecko SoCs; and $0.99 for Blue Gecko SoCs. The full-featured SLWSTK6000A Mighty Gecko Mesh Development Kit, supporting ZigBee, Thread, Bluetooth Smart and proprietary protocols, is priced at $499. The SLWSTK6066A Flex Gecko Proprietary Starter Kit is priced at $229. The SLWSTK6020A Blue Gecko Starter Kit is priced at $99. (All kits USD MSRP.) To order Wireless Gecko SoC product samples and development kits, visit www.silabs.com/WirelessGecko.
Connect with Silicon Labs
Follow Silicon Labs at http://news.silabs.com/, at http://blog.silabs.com/, on Twitter at http://twitter.com/siliconlabs and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/siliconlabs. Explore Silicon Labs’ diverse product portfolio at www.silabs.com/parametric-search.
Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) is a leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for the Internet of Things, Internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive markets. We solve the electronics industry’s toughest problems, providing customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Backed by our world-class engineering teams with unsurpassed software and mixed-signal design expertise, Silicon Labs empowers developers with the tools and technologies they need to advance quickly and easily from initial idea to final product. www.silabs.com
This press release may contain forward-looking statements based on Silicon Labs’ current expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. For a discussion of factors that could impact Silicon Labs’ financial results and cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, please refer to Silicon Labs’ filings with the SEC. Silicon Labs disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Note to editors: Silicon Labs, Silicon Laboratories, the “S” symbol, the Silicon Laboratories logo and the Silicon Labs logo are trademarks of Silicon Laboratories Inc. All other product names noted herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.
Dale Weisman, +1-512-532-5871