Keynotes from Yves Behar, Peter Diamandis, Neil Gershenfeld and David Pogue, more than 200 Interactive Training Sessions, 130 Exhibitors
DALLAS — (BUSINESS WIRE) — February 1, 2016 — Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today opens SOLIDWORKS World 2016, its 18th annual conference dedicated to the 3D design and engineering community, at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas.
In the age of experience, the world of design is more social, and collaboration remains critical. SOLIDWORKS World brings together more than 5,000 engineers and designers from across the globe to network, learn, share and discover the latest in SOLIDWORKS 3D applications and engineering technologies that help millions of users make great designs happen. Visitors to the SOLIDWORKS World website will also be able to register to watch the live streaming of the event’s general sessions.
The SOLIDWORKS ecosystem will be on display, like never before. Customers on stage, talking about their ideas, their dreams, and how they made them happen will highlight the success for which every member of the SOLIDWORKS Community strives. As with every SOLIDWORKS World, innovative new technologies and products will be discussed, demonstrated and given to members of the customer community to try.
This year’s four-day conference agenda will feature keynote presentations from the greatest of designers, innovators and visionaries, whose dynamism has pushed technological, business and sustainability boundaries far beyond what many thought possible. Speakers include:
- Yves Béhar, CEO, fuseproject, and Time Magazine’s 2015 Designer of the Year;
- Neil Gershenfeld, director of MIT’s Center for Bits & Atoms, and one of Scientific American’s 50 leaders in science and technology, and the chairman of the Fab Foundation;
- David Pogue, founder of Yahoo Tech and former technology columnist for the New York Times; and
- Peter Diamandis, international pioneer in innovation, incentive competitions and commercial space. He was named one of Fortune’s 2014 “World’s Greatest Leaders.”
SOLIDWORKS World 2016 will also feature tutorials and events dedicated to the SOLIDWORKS user community that address best practices for 3D CAD, as well as innovations in mechanical design and engineering. Highlights include:
- More than 200 breakout and hands-on training sessions from SOLIDWORKS users, themselves. Sessions range from Modeling Essentials and Productivity Tools, to Simulation and Collaboration;
- Over 130 exhibitors displaying new technologies and products in the SOLIDWORKS World 2016 Partner Pavilion;
- Presentations from Bernard Charlès, CEO, Dassault Systèmes, Gian Paolo Bassi, CEO, SOLIDWORKS, and Monica Menghini, CSO, Dassault Systèmes;
- Unveiling of the user community-generated top ten list of enhancements to future versions of SOLIDWORKS;
- Access to exclusive pre-conference sessions, including CAD Manager’s Boot Camp, SOLIDWORKS Educators’ Program Meeting and SOLIDWORKS User Group Meeting;
- Opportunity to confirm CAD skills with free SOLIDWORKS Certification Exams;
- Over 40 hours of networking opportunities with peers; and as always
- Demonstrations of SOLIDWORKS 2016 portfolio enhancements;
- Preview of upcoming technology features of SOLIDWORKS 2017.
“In an age of unparalleled innovation, collaboration and design, all three need to start somewhere, sometime, somehow,” said Gian Paolo Bassi, CEO, SOLIDWORKS, Dassault Systèmes. “That place is SOLIDWORKS World. That time is now. And the how is with the SOLIDWORKS innovation portfolio. We provide our customers the flexibility, the choice, the simplicity of the greatest design technologies to make great design happen.”
For more information about SOLIDWORKS World 2016, visit http://www.solidworks.com/sww.
About Dassault Systèmes