- Earned awards for 40nm 32-bit MCUs platform for an automotive gateway application at a major global tier 1 for multiple car makers;
- Landed first design award for most advanced Accordo5 Infotainment processor at a global tier1, for cost-effective deployment of mobile-phone functions in dashboard head units;
- Won an award for a monolithic multi-channel 77GHz transceiver for an ADAS radar from a worldwide industry leader;
- Captured a win for a 4th-generation digital-output tuner from a key global supplier;
- Increased penetration of Japan market and consolidated position with a top Asian brand with multiple key body-application awards from leading players;
- Finalized, with Autotalks, second-generation mass-market V2X chipset to meet upcoming US mandate on connected road safety.
Industrial and Power Discrete (IPD)
- Awarded sockets for smartDRIVE(TM) IGBT and MOSFET drivers in a refrigerator platform for a major Asian manufacturer;
- Captured design wins for low dropout (LDO) regulators from leading Indian metering customers;
- Earned a win for energy-saving high-voltage power converters (VIPerPlus) for white-goods platforms from a major China market leader;
- Maintained rapid expansion of integrated EMI-filter and ESD-protection solutions, as well as high-speed data-port protection for Chinese smartphone & Asian flat-panel-TV leaders;
- Recorded important design wins for new antenna-tuning solution with US & China smartphone leaders;
- Collected multiple design wins that demonstrated continued market-share gains in Automotive power rectifiers and protection devices at key market WW players;
- Secured sockets for STripFET F7 low-voltage MOSFETs in automotive seat-modules applications from a global market leader;
- Gained design-wins for 650V trench-gate field-stop transistor for a compressor drive with a European manufacturer;
- Earned a win for high-voltage MOSFETs for a notebook adapter application from a major US market leader.
Use of Supplemental Non-U.S. GAAP Financial Information
This press release contains supplemental non-U.S. GAAP financial information, including operating income (loss) before impairment and restructuring charges, operating margin before impairment and restructuring charges, adjusted net earnings per share, free cash flow and net financial position.
Readers are cautioned that these measures are unaudited and not prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP and should not be considered as a substitute for U.S. GAAP financial measures. In addition, such non-U.S. GAAP financial measures may not be comparable to similarly titled information by other companies.
See Attachment A of this press release for a reconciliation of the Company's non-U.S. GAAP financial measures to their corresponding U.S. GAAP financial measures. To compensate for these limitations, the supplemental non-U.S. GAAP financial information should not be read in isolation, but only in conjunction with the Company's consolidated financial statements prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
Some of the statements contained in this release that are not historical facts are statements of future expectations and other forward-looking statements (within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 or Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, each as amended) that are based on management's current views and assumptions, and are conditioned upon and also involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance, or events to differ materially from those anticipated by such statements, due to, among other factors:
·Uncertain macro-economic and industry trends; ·Customer demand and acceptance for the products which we design, manufacture and sell; ·Unanticipated events or circumstances, which may either impact our ability to execute the planned reductions in our net operating expenses and / or meet the objectives of our R&D Programs, which benefit from public funding; ·Financial difficulties with any of our major distributors or significant curtailment of purchases by key customers; ·The loading, product mix, and manufacturing performance of our production facilities; ·The functionalities and performance of our IT systems, which support our critical operational activities including manufacturing, finance and sales, and any breaches of our IT systems or those of our customers or suppliers; ·Variations in the foreign exchange markets and, more particularly, the U.S. dollar exchange rate as compared to the Euro and the other major currencies we use for our operations; ·The impact of intellectual property ("IP") claims by our competitors or other third parties, and our ability to obtain required licenses on reasonable terms and conditions; ·The ability to successfully restructure underperforming business lines and associated restructuring charges and cost savings that differ in amount or timing from our estimates; ·Changes in our overall tax position as a result of changes in tax laws, the outcome of tax audits or changes in international tax treaties which may impact our results of operations as well as our ability to accurately estimate tax credits, benefits, deductions and provisions and to realize deferred tax assets; ·The outcome of ongoing litigation as well as the impact of any new litigation to which we may become a defendant; ·Product liability or warranty claims or recalls by our customers for products containing our parts;
·Changes in economic, social, labor, political, or infrastructure conditions in the locations where we, our customers, or our suppliers operate, including as a result of macro-economic or regional events, military conflict, social unrest, labor actions, or terrorist activities;
·Availability and costs of raw materials, utilities, third-party manufacturing services, or other supplies required by our operations.
Such forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties, which may cause actual results and performance of our business to differ materially and adversely from the forward-looking statements. Certain forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of forward looking terminology, such as "believes," "expects," "may," "are expected to," "should," "would be," "seeks" or "anticipates" or similar expressions or the negative thereof or other variations thereof or comparable terminology, or by discussions of strategy, plans or intentions.
Some of these risk factors are set forth and are discussed in more detail in "Item 3. Key Information - Risk Factors" included in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2014, as filed with the SEC on March 3, 2015. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described in this release as anticipated, believed, or expected. We do not intend, and do not assume any obligation, to update any industry information or forward-looking statements set forth in this release to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
STMicroelectronics Conference Call and Webcast Information
On January 27, 2016, the management of STMicroelectronics will conduct a live webcast of its conference call to discuss the Company's operating performance for the fourth quarter and full year of 2015.
The conference call will be held at 9:30 a.m. CET / 8:30 a.m. BST / 3:30 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time (ET) / 12:30 a.m. U.S. Pacific Time (PT). The live webcast and presentation materials will be available by accessing http://investors.st.com. Those accessing the webcast should go to the Web site at least 15 minutes prior to the call, in order to register, download and install any necessary audio software. The webcast will be available until February 12, 2016.
About STMicroelectronics ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST's products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented.