The company's management excludes the following items in analyzing the company's operating results and understanding trends in the company's earnings:
- Restructure and asset impairments;
- Amortization of debt discount and other costs, including the accretion of non-cash interest expense associated with the company's convertible debt and the MMJ installment debt;
- Loss on restructure of debt;
- (Gain) loss from changes in currency exchange rates;
- (Gain) from remeasurement of an equity method investment of the company;
- The estimated tax effects of above items;
- Non-cash taxes resulting from utilization of, and other changes in, deferred tax assets of MMJ, MMT, and Inotera (an equity method investment of the company); and
- Non-cash taxes resulting from business acquisition activities.
Non-GAAP diluted shares include the impact of the company's outstanding capped call transactions, which are anti-dilutive in GAAP earnings per share but are expected to mitigate the dilutive effect of the company's convertible notes. The anti-dilutive effect of the capped calls is based on the average share price for the period the capped calls are outstanding during the quarter.
Contacts: Ivan Donaldson Investor Relations email@example.com (208) 368-4093 Daniel Francisco Media Relations firstname.lastname@example.org (208) 368-5584