F iscal Year 2015 Financial Results From Continuing Operations
GAAP net revenue from continuing operations was $6,824 million, an increase of 60 percent from $4,269 million in the prior year. GAAP gross margin was $3,553 million, or 52 percent of net revenue, versus $1,877 million, or 44 percent of net revenue, in fiscal year 2014. GAAP operating income was $1,632 million compared with $438 million in the prior year. GAAP net income, which includes the impact from discontinued operations, was $1,364 million, or $4.85 per diluted share. This compares with GAAP net income of $263 million, or $0.99 per diluted share, in fiscal year 2014.
Non-GAAP net revenue from continuing operations was $6,905 million, an increase of 60 percent from $4,307 million in the prior year. Non-GAAP gross margin was $4,184 million, or 61 percent of net revenue, versus $2,421 million, or 56 percent of net revenue, in fiscal year 2014. Non-GAAP operating income from continuing operations was $2,926 million. This compares with $1,521 million in the prior year. Non-GAAP net income was $2,613 million, or $8.98 per diluted share. This compares with non-GAAP net income of $1,343 million, or $4.90 per diluted share, in fiscal year 2014.
|Fiscal Year 2015 Non-GAAP Results||Change|
|(Dollars in millions, except EPS)||2015||2014||Y/Y|
|Earnings Per Share - Diluted||$||8.98||$||4.90||+$||4.08|
First Quarter Fiscal Year 2016 Business Outlook
Based on current business trends and conditions, the outlook for continuing operations for the first quarter of fiscal year 2016, ending January 31, 2016, is expected to be as follows:
|Net Revenue||$1,768M +/- $25M||$12M||$1,780 +/- $25M|
|Gross Margin||52.75% +/- 1%||$150M||61.00% +/- 1%|
|Interest and Other||$84M||$47M||$37M|
|Diluted Share Count||289M||6M||295M|
Projected reconciling items:
- Non-GAAP Net Revenue includes $12 million of LSI intellectual property licensing revenue not included in GAAP revenue, as a result of the effects of purchase accounting for the LSI acquisition;
- Non-GAAP Gross Margin includes the effects of $12 million of LSI intellectual property licensing revenue, and excludes the effects of $130 million of amortization of intangible assets, $7 million of share-based compensation expense and $1 million of acquisition-related costs;
- Non-GAAP Operating Expenses exclude $53 million of amortization of intangible assets, $58 million of share-based compensation, $45 million of acquisition-related costs and $2 million of restructuring charges;
- Non-GAAP Interest and Other excludes $47 million of ticking fees related to debt commitments for the pending Broadcom acquisition; and
- $10 million provision at the Taxes line represents the tax effects of the reconciling items noted above.
Capital expenditures for the first fiscal quarter are expected to be approximately $140 million, which include the purchase of a fabrication facility in Eugene, Oregon for approximately $21 million. For the first fiscal quarter, depreciation is expected to be $61 million and amortization is expected to be $183 million.
The guidance provided above is only an estimate of what the Company believes is realizable as of the date of this release. The guidance also excludes any impact from any mergers, acquisitions and divestiture activity that may occur during the quarter. Actual results will vary from the guidance and the variations may be material. The Company undertakes no intent or obligation to publicly update or revise any of these projections, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.