- Expands Relationship with Huawei: Lattice's iCE40 LM FPGA was integrated into the new Huawei P8 flagship smartphone to enable optimal 4G reception. Huawei will continue to use Lattice’s low latency, tunable antenna controller in other devices incorporating its Kirin 930 chipset.
- ZTE Chooses Lattice: Lattice's iCE40 LM FPGA was integrated into the recently released ZTE Star 2 flagship smartphone to perform IR remote control, and sensor hub functions. ZTE was able to individually decide which functions to incorporate, targeting the features of each model, while simultaneously saving board space, cost and power, and improving reliability and performance.
- Partners with Google: Google ATAP selected Lattice's SiBEAM® as one of the partners to bring touchless gesture sensing to the next generation of smart devices. Based on SiBEAM’s millimeter-wave (mmWave) innovations, this technology enables rich hand gesture interactions with smart devices and small wearables, without the limitations of ever-shrinking screen sizes.
- Launches MachXO3LF™: Lattice launched the MachXO3LF™ device, the newest member of its MachXO3™ FPGA family, which provides essential bridging and I/O expansion functions to meet the increasing connectivity requirements of communications, computing, consumer and industrial markets. Customers now have multiple footprint compatible options: the MachXO3L device, which offers low-cost reprogrammable non-volatile configuration memory, and now the MachXO3LF device with on-chip Flash memory.
- Letv's Le Max Smartphone Win: Lattice's SiBEAM announced a key UltraGig™ design win with Letv’s Le Max smartphone. Featuring SiBEAM’s UltraGig SiI6400 transmitter, Le Max is the world’s first smartphone offering 60GHz millimeter-wave wireless video technology in volume production. The UltraGig SiI6400 transmitter is a single-chip solution that integrates network processor, RF transceiver, and in-package antennas, offering Full HD quality with near-zero latency for immersive entertainment and gaming.
Business Outlook - Third Quarter and Full Year 2015:
- Revenue for the third quarter of 2015 is expected to be approximately flat to up 6% on a non-GAAP basis, as compared to the second quarter of 2015, with revenue on a non-GAAP basis for the full year 2015 now expected to be approximately 10% below $485 million, which was the midpoint of prior guidance.
- Gross margin percentage for both the third quarter and full year 2015 is expected to be approximately 56.5% plus or minus 2% on a non-GAAP basis.
- Total operating expenses, excluding acquisition or restructuring related charges, are expected to be approximately $60 million plus or minus 2% on a non-GAAP basis for the third quarter of 2015, and approximately $215 million plus or minus 2% on a non-GAAP basis for the full year 2015, which includes the benefit of synergy savings.
- Restructuring charges are expected to be approximately $7.0 million for the third quarter of 2015 and approximately $25 million for the full year 2015.
- Acquisition related charges, including amortization of acquired intangible assets are expected to be approximately $9.5 million in the third quarter of 2015, and approximately $52.2 million for the full year 2015.
- The Company reaffirms that it expects operating synergies to be approximately $42 million on an annualized basis as it exits 2015.
Investor Conference Call / Webcast Details:
Lattice Semiconductor will review the Company's financial results for the second quarter of 2015 and business outlook for the third quarter and full year 2015 on Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. The conference call-in number is 1-888-286-6281 or 1-706-643-3761 with conference identification number 86389650. A live webcast of the conference call will also be available on Lattice's website at www.latticesemi.com. The Company's financial guidance will be limited to the comments on its public quarterly earnings call and the public business outlook statements contained in this press release.
A replay of the call will be available approximately 2 hours after the conclusion of the live call through 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on August 13, 2015, by telephone at 1-404-537-3406. To access the replay, use conference identification number 86389650. A webcast replay will also be available on the investor relations section of www.latticesemi.com.
Forward-Looking Statements Notice:
The foregoing paragraphs contain forward-looking statements that involve
estimates, assumptions, risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking
statements include statements relating to: our expectation that we
remain on track to achieve double-digit revenue growth for the full year
2015; that we will be able to leverage our scale to drive non-GAAP
operating income to our 20% target; and those statements under the
heading “Business Outlook - Third Quarter and Full Year 2015” relating
to expected revenue, gross margin, total operating expenses, synergies
and acquisition charges, including amortization of acquired intangible
assets. Other forward-looking statements may be indicated by words such
as “will,” “could,” “should,” “would,” “expect,” “plan,” “anticipate,”
“intend,” “forecast,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “propose,”
“potential,” “continue” or the negative of these terms or other
comparable terminology. Lattice believes the factors identified below
could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking