April 9, 2015 PALO ALTO, Calif.-- - Vanguard Video, the leading provider of high performing H.264 and H.265 compression technology for OEMs, announced the availability of its NEW 64-bit optimized H.264 codec SDK for ARM based systems. By optimizing for this new mobile architecture, V.264-ARM64 is able to yield over a 20% increase in performance compared to an H.264 codec with 32-bit only support. In addition, Apple announced last fall that starting February 1, 2015 they would no longer accept new apps that do not have 64-bit support and starting June 1, 2015 they will stop accepting any app updates without 64-bit support.
Since 2009, Vanguard Video's ARM codecs have been deployed by top-tier OEMs in millions of mobile phones and tablets across the world that span live broadcast, video chat and video conferencing applications. "Our focus on performance, control and application flexibility has enabled our customers to develop innovative applications to maximize the value of mobile devices," said Raul Diaz, CEO of Vanguard Video.
"With the 64-bit version, we provide iTunes Store support as well as better performance for modern ARM processors". Livestream CEO, Max Haot, confirms "For the past five years, our product line has benefited from the support and technology provided by Vanguard Video, enabling us to use a single technology vendor across multiple platforms."
Vanguard Video's 64-bit ARM Encoder features include:
- iOS and Android compatibility
- Advanced Rate Control Support for bit rate, frame rate and resolution changes "on-the-fly" Constrained VBR, CBR rate control disciplines, with several packetization modes
- Resilience Measures Multiple Temporal Layers Adaptive Intra Refresh (AIR) for improved error concealment in case of packet loss Cyclic Intra Refresh (CIR) for smoother bitrate and latency delivery
- Scalable parallelization Higher performance on modern 64-bit architectures Increased multithreading and multi-core support for latest 8 core ARM
- Automatic Resolution Output Stable resolution output from the decoder when the encoder changes resolution Isolates the application from underlying video changes
About Vanguard Video
Vanguard Video is a supplier of professional, broadcast quality H.265 and H.264 codec technologies to top tier customers around the world. With deep codec expertise, unparalleled performance/quality, and world class support and integration services, Vanguard Video has helped its customers capitalize on many first to market opportunities by pioneering advanced compression technologies including the release of the world's first commercially deployed H.265 service. Vanguard Video technologies support a wide range of platforms including x86, ARM, and OpenCL acceleration for GPUs.