All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
(1) According to IDC Q4 2014 Worldwide Quarterly Server Tracker
(2) Benchmark results based on the industry sales & distribution benchmark results as of April 2015. For the R930, the number of benchmark users Dell achieved was 31,000 users compared to the R920 with 25,451 users.
(3) Based on performance numbers from the Storage Networking Industry Association in August 2014, using Intel S3700 SATA SSD and Express Flash results.
(4) Based on preliminary results from the "Dell PowerEdge R930 Oracle Acceleration Study," a study by Principled Technologies, April 2015 commissioned by Dell. Going from an HDD configuration to a mix of HDD+SSD+SanDisk DAS Cache yields a 9x performance improvement. Going from an SDD configuration to a mix of HDD+SSD+SanDisk DAS Cache yields a 23% price reduction. Pricing for a 1.2TB 10K SAS Drive was used in place of the 900GB that was tested on, as the 900GB is not available for purchase with 13G PowerEdge.
(5) Based on September 2014 Principled Technologies report commissioned by Dell, “ Simplifying systems management with Dell OpenManage on 13G Dell PowerEdge servers.” Time savings calculation based on one server.
Julie Metting, +1-512-203-1860