Second Quarter Fiscal 2015 Summary
- Revenue of $1.53 billion
- GAAP operating margin of 3.3 percent
- GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.17
- Non-GAAP(1) operating margin of 3.7 percent
- Non-GAAP(1) diluted earnings per share of $0.50
Revenue for the second quarter was $1.53 billion, compared to $1.67 billion in the prior quarter and $1.48 billion for the same period of fiscal 2014.
GAAP operating income in the second quarter was $49.7 million or 3.3 percent of revenue, compared to $45.3 million or 3.1 percent of revenue for the same period ended March 29, 2014. GAAP net income in the second quarter was $14.7 million, compared to $20.8 million for the same period a year ago. GAAP diluted earnings per share for the quarter were $0.17, compared to $0.24 in the second quarter of fiscal 2014.
Non-GAAP operating income in the second quarter was $56.6 million or 3.7 percent of revenue, compared to $53.2 million or 3.6 percent of revenue in the second quarter fiscal 2014. Non-GAAP net income in the second quarter was $43.4 million, compared to $38.3 million in the same period a year ago. Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share were $0.50, compared to $0.44 for the same period a year ago.
Balance Sheet Summary
- Ending cash and cash equivalents were $407.7 million
- Cash flow from operations was $69.7 million
- Repurchased approximately 1 million common shares for $21.6 million
- Inventory turns were 6.4x
- Cash cycle days were 45.2 days
"I am pleased with our profitability and cash generation in an environment where we had unexpectedly soft revenue," stated Jure Sola, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Our third quarter outlook reflects continued headwind in our communications networks segment offset by growth in the industrial, medical and defense segment."
Third Quarter Fiscal 2015 Outlook
The following forecast is for the third fiscal quarter ending June 27, 2015. These statements are forward-looking and actual results may differ materially.
- Revenue between $1.50 billion to $1.55 billion
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share between $0.48 to $0.52
Company Conference Call Information
Sanmina will hold a conference call regarding results for the second quarter of fiscal 2015 on Monday, April 20, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. ET (2:00 p.m. PT). The access numbers are: domestic 877-273-6760 and international 706-634-6605. The conference will also be broadcast live over the Internet. You can log on to the live webcast at www.sanmina.com. Additional information in the form of a slide presentation is available by logging onto Sanmina's website at www.sanmina.com. A replay of the conference call will be available for 48-hours. The access numbers are: domestic 855-859-2056 and international 404-537-3406, access code is 24876100.
(1) In the commentary set forth above and/or in the financial statements included in this earnings release, we present the following non-GAAP financial measures: operating income, operating margin, net income and diluted earnings per share. In computing each of these non-GAAP financial measures, we exclude charges or gains relating to: stock-based compensation expenses, restructuring costs (including employee severance and benefits costs and charges related to excess facilities and assets), acquisition and integration costs (consisting of costs associated with the acquisition and integration of acquired businesses into our operations), impairment charges for goodwill and other assets, amortization expense and other infrequent or unusual items (including charges associated with distressed customers, litigation settlements, gains and losses on sales of assets and redemptions of debt, discrete tax events and deferred tax changes), to the extent material or which we consider to be of a non-operational nature in the applicable period. See Schedule 1 below for more information regarding our use of non-GAAP financial measures, including the economic substance behind each exclusion, the manner in which management uses non-GAAP measures to conduct and evaluate the business, the material limitations associated with using such measures and the manner in which management compensates for such limitations. A reconciliation of the non-GAAP results contained in this release to their most directly comparable GAAP measures is included in the financial statements contained in this release. Sanmina provides its third quarter fiscal 2015 outlook only on a non-GAAP basis due to the inherent uncertainties associated with forecasting the timing and amount of acquisitions, restructuring activities, asset impairments and other unusual and infrequent items.
Sanmina Corporation is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to OEMs primarily in the communications, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and energy and clean technology sectors. Sanmina has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world. More information regarding the company is available at www.sanmina.com.
Sanmina Safe Harbor Statement
Certain statements contained in this press release, including the Company's outlook for the third quarter fiscal 2015 and statements about anticipated demand, constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in these statements as a result of a number of factors, including adverse changes to the key markets we target; credit problems experienced by our customers; risks arising from our international operations; competition that could cause us to lose sales; consolidation among our customers and suppliers that could adversely affect our business; and the other factors set forth in the Company's annual and quarterly reports filed with the Securities Exchange Commission ("SEC").
The Company is under no obligation to (and expressly disclaims any such obligation to) update or alter any of the forward-looking statements made in this earnings release, the conference call or the Investor Relations section of our website whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.