The H8 octa-core delivers:
High-speed high performance computing system
- 8-core Cortex-A7 CPU architecture, running at up to 2.0GHz; Eight cores can run simultaneously;
- PowerVR SGX544 GPU that runs at up to 700MHz, with support for OpenGL ES 2.0/1.1, OpenCL 1.1 APIs and outstanding graphics for gaming and UI effects;
Premium multimedia features
- Support multi-format 1080p@60fps video processing. H.265/HEVC format is supported as well;
- Integrated 8M image signal processor;
- Allwinner's latest SmartColor technology to deliver higher image quality and better visual effects;
Video output system
- Support HDMI 1080P@60fps, with HDCP 2.0 support; support HDMI CEC
High system integration
- USB Host, USB dual-role
- 1000Mbps Ethernet MAC
- three SD/MMC controllers
"Home entertainment devices are gaining popularity now. Allwinner has already been dedicated to OTT box SoC design for years, making it one of the most popular OTT box SoC designers in China", said Jack Lee, the CMO of Allwinner Technology, "ODM/OEM manufactures will be overwhelmed by H8's high performance and cost-efficiency, and end users will be able to enjoy enhanced home entertainment experience with the arrival of H8-based OTT boxes."
H8-based OTT boxes are predicated to hit the market in Q4, 2014.
Allwinner Technology is a leading fabless design company dedicated to smart application processor SoCs and smart analog ICs. Its product line includes multi-core application processors for smart devices and smart power management ICs used by brands worldwide.
With its focus on cutting edge UHD video processing, high performance multi-core CPU/GPU integration, and ultra-low power consumption, Allwinner Technology is a mainstream solution provider for the global tablet, internet TV, smart home device, automotive in-dash device, smart power management, and mobile connected device markets.
Allwinner Technology is headquartered in Zhuhai, China.
SOURCE Allwinner Technology