Demonstrations highlight design platforms, IP, and reference designs that provide the fastest way to bring 4K2K and packet-based video network systems to marketSAN JOSE, Calif., April 3, 2014 — (PRNewswire) — Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) and its ecosystem will demonstrate All Programmable and Smarter Vision Systems at NAB 2014. Through a series of in-booth demonstrations, Xilinx and its Alliance Members will showcase design platforms, IP, and reference designs that provide the fastest way to bring 4K2K and packet-based video network systems to market. Visit the Xilinx Booth #N1516 at NAB 2014, April 7-10, at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Xilinx Demonstrations – Booth #N1516
- Programmable 4K2K Camera Development Platform – Developed with Xylon and Northwest Logic, Xilinx Premier Alliance Members, and the MIPI Alliance, this demonstration will showcase a programmable ISP and a low cost implementation of the MIPI D-PHY/CSI-2 Interface.
- All-IP Studio Concept for Next Generation Packet-based Video Networks – Developed with Fox Networks, this demonstration will showcase single-chip implementation of the transport layer, using Xilinx® SmartCORE™ IP for SMPTE 2022 video over IP, with real-time video processing using the Xilinx Real-Time Video Engine (RTVE) and OmniTek Scalable Video Processor (OSVP).
- FPGA-based Real-Time HEVC Encoder System – Developed with Vanguard Video and Barco-Silex, this demonstration will showcase how systems can support HEVC using the Barco-Silex Real-Time H.265 Encoding System that integrates the V.265 Code by Vanguard Video. This demonstration system also supports Main and Main10 Profiles at 1080p60.
- 4K2K Real-Time Video Engine with Support for New Higher Speed Connectivity – Developed with OmniTek, this demonstration will provide real time up/down conversion between HD and 4K2K at 60fps and provides ultra-high quality deinterlacer and 6-axis color correction (Rec 709 to Rec 2020), plus a new frame accurate sequencer.
- Vivado HLS Methodology for Rapid Development of Video Algorithms – This demonstration will display how to rapidly prototype C-based video algorithms in hardware using the Xilinx Vivado® HLS including a 4K2K Super Scalar hardware implementation and 6-tap Vertical / 8-tap Horizontal Scalar with Super Resolution Enhancement.
Xilinx Demonstrations by Alliance Program Members
This year, six Xilinx Alliance Program members will showcase the following Xilinx-based technology demonstrations in their booths:
- Barco-Silex – Booth #C4743 – Will demonstrate 4K Video over IP with JPEG2000 compression.
- CoreEl Technologies – Booth #SU12708 – Will demonstrate a 4K AVC Long GOP Decoder, a 4K AVC Intra Codec, an Audio-Video Decoder Module and an HEVC Intra Decoder.
- Cube Vision Technologies – Booth #N4422 – Will demonstrate 1080i to 4K up-conversion and a reference quality 4K multiviewer.
- intoPIX – Booth #C5243 – Will demonstrate TICO lightweight IP cores, a JPEG2000 SMPTE2002 reference design and a JPEG2000 4K UHD.
- OmniTek – Booth #1523 – Will demonstrate an Ultra 4K Tool Box that includes conversions from 4K to/from SD including quad 3G-SDI.
- Vanguard Video – Booth #SU11613 – Will demonstrate a HEVC/H.265 encoder with its 4K Video over IP reference design.
About Xilinx Smarter Vision Solutions
Xilinx Smarter Vision solutions include a broad portfolio of building blocks for smarter systems, called SmartCORE™ IP. The SmartCORE IP portfolio, developed by both Xilinx and its ecosystem, includes both hardware IP targeting All Programmable logic and software IP developed for high performance ARM® processors. SmartCORE IP can be rapidly integrated via the Vivado IPI (IP Integrator). Additionally, new IP can be generated from: C, C++ or SystemC with Vivado HLS (high-level synthesis), and now includes industry standard OpenCV libraries, which are supported by popular operating systems and software development environments. A wide range of design kits further accelerate design productivity for smarter systems design.
Xilinx Smarter Vision solutions leverage Xilinx FPGAs, 3D ICs and Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs. Xilinx All Programmable SoCs are considered the ideal platform for designers to rapidly deliver highly integrated solutions with real-time pixel processing in programmable logic with ARM processor-based analytics for smarter video broadcast, machine vision and immersive displays. To learn more about Xilinx Smarter Vision solutions visit www.xilinx.com/smartervision.
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
© Copyright 2014 Xilinx, Inc. Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Vivado, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. ARM is a registered trademark of ARM in the EU and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Silvia E. Gianelli
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.