Enables High Sensitivity Video Capturing under Low Light Conditions
TOKYO — (BUSINESS WIRE) — March 26, 2014 —
Corporation (TOKYO:6502) announced today that it will start mass
production shipments of TCM3211PB, a 1/4 inch VGA CMOS area image
sensor for surveillance cameras and drive recorders, at the end of April.
The new sensor adopts large 5.6 µm pixels, improving low light sensitivity. Even in moonlight1, bright images can be captured.
The sensor also incorporates a single frame HDR (High Dynamic Range) function2 based on Toshiba algorithm. It reduces false color3 and faithfully reproduces dark and bright areas in high contrast images.
The products high frame rate of 60 fps at full resolution enables smooth and seamless capture of video images.
Toshiba: "TCM3211PB", a 1/4 inch VGA CMOS area image sensor for surveillance cameras and drive recorders (Photo: Business Wire)
- Cameras for security, surveillance and drive recorder applications
- High sensitivity achieved by 5.6 μm pixels.
- HDR function realizes high dynamic range of 108dB.
- Adoption of PBGA (Plastic Ball Grid Array) package contributes to downsizing of camera systems.
|Optical Format||1/4 inch|
|Pixel Pitch||5.6 μm|
|Full Size Frame Rate||60 fps|
1. Equivalent to about 0.2 lux.
2. A method for simultaneously applying different exposure times to each line of an image and composing them into a single image.
For further information about the detail of single frame HDR, please visit.
3. The phenomenon of sensors producing false colors not true to the imaged objects.
For further information about these products, please visit.
Image Sensor Sales & Marketing Department
Tel : +81-3-3457-3370