KIRCHHEIM/TECK, Germany — (BUSINESS WIRE) — October 29, 2013 — Dialog Semiconductor (FWB: DLG), a provider of highly integrated innovative power management, audio, AC/DC and short range wireless technologies, today reports results for its third quarter ending 27 September 2013.
Q3 2013 financial highlights
- IFRS revenue at $219.5 million, up 22% on Q3 2012; up 25% on an underlying(*) basis
- Mobile Systems IFRS revenue at $171.9 million, up 17% on Q3 2012
- Power Conversion (formerly iWatt Inc.) underlying (*) revenue at $18.4 million excluding $5.4 million impact of IFRS adjustments
- Underlying (*) Gross margin at 40.0%, 180bps above Q3 2012
- Underlying (*) operating profit (EBIT) up 47% to $32.2 million or 14.3% of revenue. IFRS operating profit (EBIT) down 46% to $9.5 million or 4.3% of revenue
- Underlying (*) basic and diluted EPS of 33 and 32 cents, up 18% and 19% respectively on Q3 2012. IFRS basic and diluted EPS of 5 cents, down 74% and 72% respectively on Q3 2012
- Cash generated from operations at $18.4 million. Cash and cash equivalents balance as of 27 September 2013 of $157.1 million
Q3 2013 operational highlights
- The integration of iWatt has progressed according to plan since completion on 16 July 2013
- Continued power management smartphone and tablet design win momentum, across new platforms and models of our largest customers
- Successfully delivered a steep ramp of new products to meet our customers demand
- Licenced Tensilica(R) HiFi Audio/Voice DSP IP from Cadence Design Systems, to develop next-generation audio solutions for our connectivity products
- Continued new products rollout by the Power Conversion Business Group (formerly iWatt Inc.)
- Gained traction in the wearable market with SmartbondTM, our leading low energy Bluetooth Smart SoC
- The migration to 0.13nm BCD technology continued according to plan and first products will be available for sampling next quarter
- Subsequent to the end of the reporting period we extended our customer footprint with a fourth platform win with Samsung announced on 24 October 2013
Commenting on the results Dialog Chief Executive, Dr Jalal Bagherli, said:
'I'm really pleased to report a robust set of results delivering strong revenue growth, increasing profitability and solid cash generation.'
'We have devoted significant attention to the smooth integration of iWatt into our business. This acquisition supports our strategy to diversify our markets and our customer base and our team remains really excited about the opportunities it brings.'
'During the quarter Dialog successfully delivered on the beginning of the steep ramp of new products we anticipated for the second half of this year and we remain focused on the successful delivery of what will be a very busy end to 2013.'
In line with our expectation of a stronger second half of the year and given our current visibility, we expect revenue growth momentum to continue in Q4 2013 with underlying revenue in the range of $270 million to $295 million(1). This will result in a full year underlying revenue range of $826 million to $851 million.
In Q4 2013 we expect underlying gross margin, to improve sequentially and on a year on year basis. This will result in underlying gross margin improvement for full year 2013 over 2012.
(1) Estimated Q4 2013 revenue adjustment of $1.7 million in Power Conversion Business Group (formerly iWatt Inc.)
|Basic EPS $cents||5||19||-74%||33||28||+18%|
|Diluted EPS $cents||5||18||-72%||32||27||+19%|
|Operating cash flow||18.4||(19.6)||n/a|