Contributes to Reduce Video Preprocessing Load on Host Processors
TOKYO — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 3, 2013 — Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) today announced that it has launched “T358749XBG”, an interface bridge IC from HDMI® to Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI®) that integrates video de-interlacing and video scaling. Sample is available and mass production is scheduled to start in December this year.
Toshiba's MIPI(R) CSI2 Interface Bridge IC "T358749XBG" (Photo: Business Wire)
The new IC’s integrated video preprocessing functions of video de-interlacing, video scaling and video format conversion replace software processing and significantly reduce memory bandwidth and video processing requirements on the host processors deployed in consumer electronics.
The IC supports multiple audio interfaces, including I2S, TDM, S/PDIF, and MIPI® Serial Low-power Inter-chip Media Bus (SLIMbus®), enabling use in a wide range of applications.
1. Integrated video de-interlacing, video scaling and video format conversion, contributing to reduce memory bandwidth and video processing requirements on the host processors.
2. HDMI® 1.4 support
- Up to 1080P @ 60fps video format (RGB, YcbCr444: 24-bpp, YcbCr422
- HDCP 1.3
- 3D support
3. Availability of any of the four audio interfaces: I2S, TDM, SPDIF or SLIMbus®
4. Maximum 1Gbps/lane link speed MIPI® CSI2 interface
5. Maximum 165MHz HDMI clock speed
A wide range of consumer electronics and industrial applications, such as smart set-top boxes, smart TVs, smart monitors, and small form-factor PCs
|Output Video Interface||MIPI® CSI2 4 Data lanes (Up to 1Gbps/lane)|
|Output Audio Interface||
I2S, TDM, SPDIF or SLIMbus®
|Package||FPGA80 (7mm x 7mm, 0.65mm pitch)|
|Mass Production Schedule||December, 2013|