- Revenue hit a record high of US$1,042.9 million for the six months ended June 30, 2013, an increase of 38.2% compared to US$754.5 million for the six months ended June 30, 2012.
- Gross profit was a record high of US$233.5 million for the six months ended June 30, 2013 an increase of 65.0% compared to US$141.6 million for the six months ended June 30, 2012.
- Gross margin improved to 22.4% for the six months ended June 30, 2013 from 18.8% for the six months ended June 30, 2012.
- Profit from operations was a historical high of US$130.5 million for the six months ended June 30, 2013 compared to a loss from operations of US$36.5 million in the six months ended June 30, 2012.
- The Company achieved a record-high profit attributable to owners of the Company of US$116.0 million for the six months ended June 30, 2013 compared to a loss of US$35.8 million for the six months ended June 30, 2012.
The complete unaudited interim results announcement can be found at
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation ("SMIC"; NYSE: SMI; SEHK: 981) is one of the leading semiconductor foundries in the world and the largest and most advanced foundry in mainland China, providing integrated circuit (IC) foundry and technology services at 0.35-micron to 40-nanometer. Headquartered in Shanghai, China, SMIC has a 300mm wafer fabrication facility (fab) and a 200mm mega-fab in Shanghai, a 300mm mega-fab in Beijing, a 200mm fab in Tianjin, and a 200mm fab project under development in Shenzhen. SMIC also has customer service and marketing offices in the U.S., Europe, Japan, and Taiwan, and a representative office in Hong Kong.
For more information, please visit www.smics.com.
Safe Harbor Statements
(Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995)
This announcement contains, in addition to historical information, "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on SMIC's current assumptions, expectations and projections about future events. SMIC uses words like "believe," "anticipate," "intend," "estimate," "expect," "project" and similar expressions to identify forward looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain these words. These forward-looking statements are necessarily estimates reflecting the best judgment of SMIC's senior management and involve significant risks, both known and unknown, uncertainties and other factors that may cause SMIC's actual performance, financial condition or results of operations to be materially different from those suggested by the forward-looking statements including, among others, risks associated with cyclicality and market conditions in the semiconductor industry, intense competition, timely wafer acceptance by SMIC's customers, timely introduction of new technologies, SMIC's ability to ramp new products into volume, supply and demand for semiconductor foundry services, industry overcapacity, shortages in equipment, components and raw materials, availability of manufacturing capacity, financial stability in end markets and intensive intellectual property litigation in high tech industry.
In addition to the information contained in this announcement, you should also consider the information contained in our other filings with the SEC, including our annual report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC on April 15, 2013, especially in the "Risk Factors" section and such other documents that we may file with the SEC or SEHK from time to time, including on Form 6-K. Other unknown or unpredictable factors also could have material adverse effects on our future results, performance or achievements. In light of these risks, uncertainties, assumptions and factors, the forward-looking events discussed in this interim report may not occur. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward- looking statements, which speak only as of the date stated or, if no date is stated, as of the date of this announcement.
Except as required by law, SMIC undertakes no obligation and does not intend to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
SOURCE Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation
|Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation