- Ranked as a top-ten worldwide PCB fabricator, Tripod's industry leading OEM customers include Samsung, Seagate, Western Digital, HP and Motorola. Tripod will install Semblant's SPF ProVIA machine in its high-volume Wuxi China facility.
- The SPF ProVIA is designed for high-volume production. Its unique design minimizes operating expenses, including precursor gas, floor space and power consumption.
- The SPF process delivers industry leading protection against corrosion. Unlike other finishes, SPF can be applied to any metal finish including copper, silver, or gold, enhancing the properties of the underlying metal or eliminating its associated shortcomings altogether. It can prevent tarnishing and inhibit corrosion in silver. SPF on copper maximizes PCB cost-performance and can replace expensive and hazardous metal plating processes.
- SPF has achieved global adoption through its SPF premier partner program, which connects corrosion protection and RF performance benefits with PCB fabs that produce PCBs for OEMs in high-reliability or high-volume product segments. The program facilitates quick-turn evaluation, prototyping and production for high-reliability military-aerospace, industrial, automotive, medical, consumer electronic, networking and computing OEMs. Tripod joins current premier partners including Stevenage Circuits and K&F Electronics.
Eric Ho, Tripod Technology Corporation Vice President of Sales
- "Semblant's SPF process provides our OEM customers a solid advancement in PCB protection. We pride ourselves in offering industry leading technologies to address the growing needs for improved reliability and environmental protection. Semblant's plasma process provides these capabilities while maintaining the necessary cost structure for high-volume manufacturing. Staying abreast with the latest technological advancement and access to Semblant's SPF product allows our clients to replace expensive precious metal finishes with Semblant's plasma finish for best-in-class in-field reliability."
Steve Lowder, Semblant CEO
- "We are excited to announce Tripod's adoption of the SPF process for its high volume customers. Tripod is clearly leading the industry in advancing PCB finish technologies for its customers in need of high-reliability solutions to improve field life and prevent corrosion problems."
Steve McClure, Semblant Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing
- "OEMs look to Tripod for cutting-edge and industry-leading technology. We are proud to welcome them as a premier partner in our successful and growing SPF partner program."
Semblant is the leader in innovative nanomaterials for electronics manufacturing. Its mission is to deliver advanced plasma process solutions that radically improve electronics manufacturing. Semblant's plasma processes reduce energy use, require no water or hazardous material recycling, and replace the need for expensive metals while providing improved product quality and lower manufacturing costs. With its disruptive technology, the company is addressing a $1.6 billion market, and a variety of applications including mobile devices, consumer electronics, enterprise computing, networking infrastructure, automotive and military-aerospace. Semblant's processes have achieved acceptance by major PCB manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers worldwide. For more information, visit www.semblant.com
About Tripod Technology Corporation
Tripod Technology Corporation is committed to achieving total customer satisfaction, developing new skills, implementing process improvements, and installing the latest new equipment. These commitments to our customers are the driving force of our daily work life. At Tripod Technology, we listen to the voice of our customer. We are ready, willing, and able to stand by you, and support your success with cost effective, high quality printed circuit board solutions We know that your success with your customer will bring Tripod growth and prosperity through this partnership. Manufacturing printed circuit boards requires significant and sustained capital investment. For more information go to http://www.tripod-tech.com.
Press Contact: Lynda Starr Vantage Communications for Semblant 973 386 5949 firstname.lastname@example.org Katheryn McCurdy Semblant www.semblant.com