Toshiba Original Super Resolution Circuit and Noise Reduction Contributes to Improvement of Image Quality
TOKYO — (BUSINESS WIRE) — August 26, 2013 — Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) today announced the launch of TC90232XBG, a high quality image processing IC for LCD TVs that supports the LVDS input and output for Full HD (1920 x 1080) and WXGA (1366 x 768). Mass production is scheduled to start in December this year.
Toshiba's "TC90232XBG", a high quality image processing IC for LCD TVs (Photo: Business Wire)
The ICs built-in super resolution circuit improves image detail, while an integrated noise reduction function analyzes and detects the edge and flat regions in the image, reducing random noise and mosquito noise, a digital compression artifact that appears near the image edge. A highlight enhancer function to emphasize brightness and brilliance, and an image quality tuning function for color management and gamma correction, are also integrated into the chip. TC90232XBG adds new functionality to LCD TVs and monitors.
Key Features of the Product
1. Toshibas original super resolution circuit improves image detail.
2. Built-in noise reduction function reduces random noise and mosquito noise.
3. The highlight enhancer emphasizes image brightness and brilliance.
4. Color management and gamma correction realize proper image quality tuning for a wide range of LCD panels.
5. The widely used I2C BUS control and LVDS standard facilitate easy upgrade of current designs.
6. The IC supports LVDS input and output for Full HD (1920 x 1080) and WXGA (1366 x 768).
7. Small package: 13mm x 13mm.
8. External DDR memory is not required.
Improved picture quality for LCD TVs and monitors
|Applicable Panel Resolution||
Full HD (1920 x 1080), WXGA (1366 x 768)
|Input Interface||LVDS 2-Link|
|Output Interface||LVDS 2-Link|
|Package||FBGA158 (13mmx13mm, 0.8mm Pitch)|
|Mass Production||December 2013|