December 6th, 2012 – Computer Simulation Technology (CST), Darmstadt, announces winners of the CST University Publication Award 2012.
The CST University Publication Award is an annual grant to university institutes and researchers for work related to 3D EM field simulation applications. The winners are awarded extensions and upgrades to their CST STUDIO SUITE® installations to recognize the importance of their work and to promote further research.
There are three conditions for participation: the papers must be authored or co-authored by university researchers, they must have been published either in scientific journals or conference proceedings, and the numerical results must be entirely or in part obtained through simulations using CST software products.
Submissions were evaluated on a number of criteria, including originality of application and theory, clarity of presentation, and the skilful usage of CST software. There is also a special award given for short papers of four pages or less, to acknowledge the importance of short conference papers in promoting practical applications of simulation.
“CST’s University Publication Award has proven very popular among our customers and continues to attract papers illustrating the numerous application areas of CST STUDIO SUITE”, said Dr. Martin Timm, Marketing Director, CST. “This is the ninth time we have given out this award, and the quality of the publications was outstanding. Selecting the winning entries was not easy. We would like to thank everyone who contributed and hope to welcome an even larger number of participants in 2013.”
The following papers have been selected to receive the CST University Publication Award 2012:
- "Beamforming by Left-Handed Extraordinary Transmission Metamaterial Bi- and Plano-Concave Lens at Millimeter-Waves"; Miguel Navarro-Cía, Miguel Beruete, Igor Campillo, and Mario Sorolla Ayza,; IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, no. 6, 21. Apr. 2011, pp 2141 - 2151 http://www.cst.com/Content/References/Beamforming+by+Left- Handed+Extraordinary+Transmission+Metamaterial+Bi-+and+Plano-Concave+Lens+at+Millimeter- Waves
- "Effects of shape and loading of optical nanoantennas on their sensitivity and radiation properties"; Yang Zhao, Nader Engheta, and Andrea Alù; Journal of the Optical Society of America B, 28, No. 5, 27 Apr. 2011, pp 1266-1274 http://www.cst.com/Content/References/Effects+of+shape+and+loading+of+optical+nanoantenna s+on+their+sensitivity+and+radiation+properties
- "Design of a Broadband All-Textile Slotted PIFA"; Ping Jack Soh, Guy A. E Vandenbosch, Soo Liam Ooi, and Nurul Husna Mohd Rais; IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, VOL. 60, NO. 1, 05. Jan 2012, pp 379-384 http://www.cst.com/Content/References/Design+of+a+Broadband+All-Textile+Slotted+PIFA
Short paper awards 2012:
- "Micromachined 300-GHz SU-8-Based Slotted Waveguide Antenna"; Yi Wang, Member, IEEE, Maolong Ke, Michael J. Lancaster, Senior Member, IEEE, and Jian Chen; IEEE ANTENNAS AND WIRELESS PROPAGATION LETTERS, VOL. 10, 2011, pp. 573-576, 31. May. 2011 http://www.cst.com/Content/References/Micromachined+300-GHz+SU-8- Based+Slotted+Waveguide+Antenna
- "Ultraconfined Interlaced Plasmons”; Tiago A. Morgado, João S. Marcos, Mário G. Silveirinha, and Stanislav I. Maslovski; Physical Review Letters, Vol 107, 063903, 05. Aug. 2011, pp 1 – 4 http://www.cst.com/Content/References/Ultraconfined+Interlaced+Plasmons
More information about CST’s university program, the winners of the previous University Publication Awards and the upcoming award for 2013 can be found on the CST corporate website at:
CST develops and markets high performance software for the simulation of electromagnetic fields in all frequency bands. Its success is based on the implementation of leading edge technology in a user-friendly interface. CST’s customers are market leaders in industries as diverse as Telecommunications, Defense, Automotive, Electronics, and Medical Equipment. Today CST employs 200 sales, development, and support personnel, and enjoys a leading position in the high frequency 3D EM simulation market.
CST STUDIO SUITE is the culmination of many years of research and development into the most accurate and efficient computational solutions for electromagnetic designs. It comprises CST’s tools for the design and optimization of devices operating in a wide range of frequencies - static to optical. Analyses may include thermal and mechanical effects, as well as circuit simulation. CST STUDIO SUITE benefits from an integrated design environment which gives access to the entire range of solver technology. System assembly and modeling facilitates multi-physics and co-simulation as well as the management of entire electromagnetic systems. CST STUDIO SUITE can offer considerable product to market advantages such as shorter development cycles, virtual prototyping before physical trials, and optimization instead of experimentation.
Further information about CST is available on the web at http:// www.cst.com.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Martin Timm, Marketing Director, CST Tel: +49 6151 7303-684
CST, CST STUDIO SUITE, CST MICROWAVE STUDIO, CST EM STUDIO, CST PARTICLE STUDIO, CST CABLE STUDIO, CST PCB STUDIO, CST MPHYSICS STUDIO, CST MICROSTRIPES, CST DESIGN STUDIO, CST BOARDCHECK, PERFECT BOUNDARY APPROXIMATION (PBA), and the CST logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of CST in North America, the European Union, and other countries. Other brands and their products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be noted as such.