- Find photos and other support materials on the second generation A-Series APU
- Read a DIY blog from AMD's John Taylor
- Check out demos of AMD APUs on the AMD YouTube Channel
- Follow all news from the AMD on Twitter at @AMD_Unprocessed
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Overdrive, AMD CrossFire, Radeon and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) AMD suggested retail pricing
(2) The Quad-core AMD A10-5800K using AMD Turbo Core technology has a maximum frequency of 4.2 GHz with a suggested retail price of $122 as compared to the Dual-core Intel Core i3 2120 / 3220 with a maximum frequency of 3.3 GHz (Intel Turbo Boost technology is not available for the Intel Core i3 family of processors) and a retail price of $124.99. Intel pricing on TigerDirect.com on 9/26/2012: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3734679&csid=_61
(3) GFLOPS calculations developed by AMD performance labs measuring compute capacity for the AMD A10-5800K desktop APU which is 736 GFLOPS. AMD GFLOPS calculated using GFLOPs = CPU GFLOPs + GPU GFLOPS = CPU Core Freq. (3.8GHz) X Core Count (4) X 8 FLOPS + GPU Core Freq.(800MHz) X DirectX® 11 capable Shader Count (384) X 2 FLOPS TRD-38
(4) 6.5 GHz reached on an AMD A10-5800K with AMD Radeon HD 7660D Graphics, 2x4GB DDR3 1866, Windows 7 64bit using LN2 cooling @ 1.85V. AMD's product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking, even when overclocking is enabled with AMD hardware or software.
(5) Testing conducted by AMD performance labs using PCMark®7 from Futuremark® benchmark, the AMD A10-5800K APU with AMD Radeon HD 7660D Graphics scored 4079 while the AMD A8-3850 APU with AMD Radeon HD 6550D Graphics scored 3226 . All scores rounded to the nearest whole number.
(6) Testing conducted by AMD performance labs using DiRT 3 @ 1280×1024, DirectX®11 under medium settings. The AMD A10-5800K APU with an AMD Radeon HD 6570 in AMD Dual Graphics mode scored and average of 92.62 FPS while the AMD A10-5800K APU with only the AMD Radeon HD 6570 Graphics card enabled scored an average of 52.63. Test configuration with AMD Dual Graphics enabled and disabled: Pre-production engineering sample AMD A10-5800K APU with AMD Radeon HD 7660D Graphics, AMD Radeon HD 6570 graphics card, 2x4GB DDR3-1866, 7200rpm Hard Drive with Windows® 7 64 bit on AMD "Annapurna" reference design. TRD-18
Contact: Gary Silcott AMD Public Relations 512-602-0889 Email Contact Hania Abu-Eid Edelman for AMD (650) 762-2857 Email Contact