The JenNet-IP evaluation kit includes 4 wireless sensor nodes; 4 plug-in "shields"; 2 high-power modules; 2 high-power USB dongles; a router; a remote control; and a software development kit. Based on the IEEE 802.15.4 standard, JenNet-IP software comprises the self-healing JenNet tree networking stack; the IETF 6LoWPAN IP layer; and JIP, a powerful and flexible application layer enabling interoperability between devices.
With JenNet-IP, up to 500 devices in the home can each have their own unique IPv6 address, turning the home into an extension of the Internet at a very low cost. Lights and other home appliances can be easily connected, monitored and controlled over the Internet. For example, GreenWave Reality's Connected Lighting solution using JenNet-IP allows for the intelligent management and control of lighting without touching any wiring or switches in the home. The GreenWave Reality solution enables consumers to dim and turn lights on or off with their hand-held remote or through the use of smart controls, such as "Night," to turn off all the lights from your smart phone. Internet-enabled smart lighting alone could reduce power consumption by 30 percent, by dimming and turning off lights when they aren't required.
JenNet-IP evaluation kits are available for US $1,400 at selected distributors, and a "first look" at the new eval kit is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFTjVcr1CDI
The JenNet-IP-EK040 evaluation kit includes the following items:
- Four wireless sensor nodes, including modules based on JN5148-J01 and JN5142-J01 chips; USB micro-B connectors; a JN514x IO expansion port; support for USB, battery or an external power supply unit (not included); and two USB cables
- Four plug-in shields with an Arduino-compatible footprint featuring 3 dimmable bright white LEDs; temperature, light level and humidity sensors
- Two high-power JN5148-J01 modules for extended range
- Two high-power USB dongles for sniffer and coordinator
- A router providing connection to Ethernet, with Custom Open WRT software and power supply
- A capacitive touch remote control
- A free and unlimited Eclipse based software development kit including the Eclipse IDE, Flash memory programmer; microcontroller and peripheral libraries; and the JenNet-IP library
- "Smart lighting is a reality today. The availability of Internet-enabled, efficient light bulbs with GreenWave Reality's innovative smart lighting solution allows consumers to save significant money on their energy bill while increasing the comfort of the home. Our smart lighting solution utilizes JenNet-IP technology to provide an industry-leading experience for our customers," said Greg Memo, CEO at GreenWave Reality.
- "Over the last year, JenNet-IP has emerged as an important standard for wireless home automation systems. With the introduction of this evaluation kit, we'll be able to reach an even broader community of developers and make it easier to incorporate JenNet-IP into wireless network designs, particularly in smart lighting and smart home applications. The new JenNet-IP certification program also assures vendors and consumers of seamless interoperability between JenNet-IP-enabled devices -- a critical factor as we work together to build a true Internet of Things," said Sean McGrath, general manager, smart home and energy product line, NXP Semiconductors.
- VIDEO: What's inside the JenNet-IP eval kit: http://youtu.be/bFTjVcr1CDI
- JenNet-IP-EK040 evaluation kit: http://www.nxp.com/demoboard/JENNET-IP-EK040.html
- JenNet-IP wireless networking for the Internet of Things: http://www.nxp.com/jennic/products/protocol_stacks/jennet-ip
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (
This document includes forward-looking statements which include statements regarding NXP's business strategy, financial condition, results of operations, and market data, as well as any other statements which are not historical facts. By their nature, forward-looking statements are subject to numerous factors, risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to be materially different from those projected. These factors, risks and uncertainties include the following: market demand and semiconductor industry conditions; the ability to successfully introduce new technologies and products; the end-market demand for the goods into which NXP's products are incorporated; the ability to generate sufficient cash, raise sufficient capital or refinance corporate debt at or before maturity; the ability to meet the combination of corporate debt service, research and development and capital investment requirements; the ability to accurately estimate demand and match manufacturing production capacity accordingly or obtain supplies from third-party producers; the access to production capacity from third-party outsourcing partners; any events that might affect third-party business partners or NXP's relationship with them; the ability to secure adequate and timely supply of equipment and materials from suppliers; the ability to avoid operational problems and product defects and, if such issues were to arise, to correct them quickly; the ability to form strategic partnerships and joint ventures and to successfully cooperate with alliance partners; the ability to win competitive bid selection processes to develop products for use in customers' equipment and products; the ability to successfully establish a brand identity; the ability to successfully hire and retain key management and senior product architects; and, the ability to maintain good relationships with our suppliers. In addition, this document contains information concerning the semiconductor industry and NXP's business segments generally, which is forward-looking in nature and is based on a variety of assumptions regarding the ways in which the semiconductor industry, NXP's market segments and product areas may develop. NXP has based these assumptions on information currently available, if any one or more of these assumptions turn out to be incorrect, actual market results may differ from those predicted. While NXP does not know what impact any such differences may have on its business, if there are such differences, its future results of operations and its financial condition could be materially adversely affected. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak to results only as of the date the statements were made. Except for any ongoing obligation to disclose material information as required by the United States federal securities laws, NXP does not have any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements after we distribute this document, whether to reflect any future events or circumstances or otherwise. For a discussion of potential risks and uncertainties, please refer to the risk factors listed in our SEC filings. Copies of our SEC filings are available from on our Investor Relations website, www.nxp.com/investor or from the SEC website, www.sec.gov.
Embedded Video Available:
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2036440
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2036442
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2036444