HP business PCs incorporate an array of hardware features and software solutions designed to enhance security, improve ease of use, and help ensure reliability while keeping the environment in mind. The new HP Premier Image(2) includes the full suite of HP EliteBook business software and anti-virus protection, while eliminating trial-ware and other distractions. The cleaner image eases business PC IT deployment, management and support.
HP also includes multilayered client security features that safeguard data, devices and user identities. The latest addition to the HP Client Security portfolio is HP BIOS Protection,(3) which offers hardware-level protection against virus attacks and other security threats. An advanced set of security policies alert IT to unauthorized changes to the system BIOS, detects possible corruption or attack, and then automatically reverts to a functional state to help prevent data loss, reduce downtime and lower IT support costs.
Pricing and availability(15)
- The HP EliteBook Folio 9470m is expected to be available in October.
- The HP SpectreXT Pro Ultrabook and HP ENVY Pro Ultrabook start at $1,049 and $849, respectively, and are expected to be available in June.
- The HP EliteBook 2170p and HP EliteBook 2570p start at $999 and $1,099, respectively, and are expected to be available on June 22. The HP EliteBook 8470p and 8570p start at $899 and are expected to be available on June 4.
- The HP ProBook 6470b and 6570b start at $769, the HP ProBook 6475b starts at $669 and the HP ProBook s-series starts at $589. All three HP ProBook series are expected to be available on June 4.
- The HP Compaq Pro 4300 All-in-One is expected to be available in Asia on June 22, and in the Americas this fall. The HP Compaq Elite 8300 and HP Compaq Pro 6300 start at $679 and $579, respectively, and are expected to be available on June 4. The HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF starts at $499 and is expected to be available on July 9.
- The HP Compaq LA2405x starts at $269 and is expected to be available on May 9. The HP Compaq L2206tm starts at $279 and is expected to be available on June 4.
The company also unveiled new Ultrabooks, consumer PCs and business computing and printing solutions, demonstrating its commitment to providing the latest personal computing technology to its customers.
HP's premier client event, HP Discover, takes place June 4-7 in Las Vegas.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Testing was not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
(2) Use of the HP image required. Internet access required. ProtectTools, Connection Manager and HP Power Assistant also deliver the optimal tools for productivity across HP's entire business notebook and desktop lineup.
(3) Requires an HP Tools partition for automatic recovery.
(4) Weight will vary by configuration.
(5) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at MobileMark07 battery benchmark.
(6) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 7. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. Details are available at www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/.
(7) Wireless access point and internet access required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
(8) HD content required to view HD images.
(9) 4G compatibility with HSPA+ and LTE. 4G LTE is only available in the United States. LTE is expected to be available in June 2012. Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with local vendor for coverage area and availability in a specific area. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors.
(10) Up to 36 hours on the HP 8470p requires HP 9-cell (100 WHr) Li-Ion primary battery, separately purchased HP BB09 Ultra Extended Life Notebook Battery and customer download of the latest Intel graphics driver and HP BIOS. Notebook must be configured with Intel graphics, optional Intel 160GB SSD drive, HP LED HD Display and requires Windows 7 operating system. Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time and usage.
(11) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(12) Requires Microsoft® Windows.
(13) Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional third-party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on third-party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
(14) Features vary by model.
(15) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary. Not all models available in all regions.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. Intel, Intel Core and Ultrabook are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.