Full Year Nominal 2011
Full Year Nominal 2012 (Ending January 31, 2013)
Autodesk’s Nominal 2012 guidance assumes a continuation of the current economic environment and foreign exchange currency rate environment.
Net revenue next year is expected to increase by at least 10% compared to this year. Autodesk anticipates next year's GAAP operating margin to increase by approximately 150 basis points compared to this year.
Earnings Conference Call and Webcast
Autodesk hosted its third quarter conference call on November 15, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. ET. The live broadcast was recorded and can be accessed at http://www.autodesk.com/investors. Supplemental financial information and prepared remarks for the conference call were posted to the investor relations section of Autodesk’s website simultaneously with Autodesk financials.
NOTE: The prepared remarks were not read on the conference call. The conference call included only brief remarks followed by questions and answers.
A broadcast replay is available http://www.autodesk.com/investors. This replay is maintained on Autodesk’s website for at least a year.
Autodesk self description
Autodesk, Inc., is a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software. Customers across the manufacturing, architecture, building, construction, and media and entertainment industries – including the last 16 Academy Award winners for Best Visual Effects – use Autodesk software to design, visualize, and simulate their ideas. Since its introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk continues to develop the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art software for global markets. For additional information about Autodesk, visit www.autodesk.com.
On October 27, 2011 Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA) reported IFRS unaudited financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2011, their third quarter corresponding to our nominal Q3 2011.
- Revenue, operating margin and earnings per share above Company’s objectives
- EPS up 34.8% (IFRS)
- Increasing 2011 financial objectives as result of nominal Q3 outperformance
- Setting a high operating margin objective for 2011
Bernard Charlès, Dassault Systèmes President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are pleased with our third quarter financial performance. Our increased revenue in constant currencies, was particularly gratifying given the very high year-ago comparison base. The quarter’s performance was driven by solid demand from customers and the benefits we are deriving from our addressable market expansion. With a dynamic first half and third quarter above our expectations, we are increasing our full year financial objectives.”
“The third quarter’s sales growth benefited from favorable dynamics across our three sales channels. In Enterprise direct sales, the value of V6 as an open integration platform was demonstrated by leading companies’ engagements in the automotive, high tech, energy and industrial equipment sectors as well as a number of mid-sized transactions. In addition to new V6 clients, several large customers have moved into the deployment phase with V6. Along with our direct sales channel, our SMB sales channels have been experiencing good demand, driven by the value of supply chain integration and this quarter was no different.”
Third Quarter 2011 Financial Review
- IFRS total revenue increased 11% YOY in constant currencies and 7% euro to euro, reflecting growth in both software and services and other revenue. IFRS software revenue increased 11%. Services and other revenue increased 8%. (All figures in constant currencies.)
- By region, revenue growth was highest in Europe during the third quarter reflecting several multi-brand transactions in the automotive, high tech, energy and industrial equipment sectors.
- New licenses revenue increased 7% (IFRS) in constant currencies and reflected a strong comparison base to the year-ago period where new licenses revenue increased 54% in constant currencies.
- Recurring software revenue rose 12% (IFRS) in constant currencies reflecting growth in maintenance from higher new licensing activity and strong maintenance renewals and rental licensing.
- IFRS PLM software revenue increased 11% in constant currencies. PLM software revenue increased 9% with CATIA software revenue higher by 7%, ENOVIA by 10% and Other PLM by 16% which includes SIMULIA and DELMIA as the largest components. (All growth comparisons in constant currencies.)
- SolidWorks (Mainstream 3D) software revenue increased 11% in constant currencies. New SolidWorks commercial seats licensed in the third quarter increased 11% to 11,748 seats.
- Earnings per diluted share and operating margin increased significantly, reflecting principally revenue growth and operating margin expansion. IFRS earnings per diluted share increased 34.78% to €0.62, from €0.46 in Q3 2010.
Net Income grew from €55.4 million to €76.4 million YOY, or 37.91%.