"The AMD Radeon E6460 GPU provides the high value, small footprint, and long supply demanded by embedded customers," said Richard Jaenicke, director of Embedded Client Business for AMD. "With a footprint-compatible subset of the high-performance AMD E6760 GPU, the new AMD Radeon E6460 GPU enables broadly scalable graphics and multimedia performance in a single board design."
The AMD Radeon E6460 GPU enables an immersive experience with desktop-level 3D graphics and multimedia features:
- An advanced 3D graphics engine and programmable shader architecture supports Microsoft DirectX® 11 technology for superior graphics rendering.
- The third generation unified video decoder enables dual HD decode of H.264, VC-1, MPEG4 and MPEG2 compressed video streams.
- The 512 MB GDDR5 frame buffer included in the BGA package provides high memory bandwidth while reducing the total footprint of the platform solution and the effort needed to design and maintain the system over time.
- Targeted at casino gaming, digital signage, instrumentation and industrial control systems, the AMD Radeon E6460 GPU enables system designers to deliver products with a value-conscious mindset.
- One system design, multiple customer product categories. The BGA ballout of the AMD Radeon E6460 GPU is a subset of the higher performing AMD Radeon E6760 GPU enabling system designers to develop one system for both GPUs.
- Featuring multi-display support with AMD Eyefinity technology, the AMD Radeon E6460 GPU supports up to four independent output displays2, HDMI 1.4 stereoscopic video and DisplayPort 1.2 for higher link speeds and simplified display connectivity.
- The AMD Radeon E6460 GPU comes with five years of planned supply availability. Technical support is provided by a dedicated team of application engineering experts.
AMD Radeon E6460 GPU can be paired with select models of AMD's next generation high-performance Accelerated Processing Units (APU) to offer additional graphics capability and additional parallel computing power.
AMD's full portfolio of Embedded Products, including the award-winning AMD Embedded G-Series platform, will be on display in booth 801 at the Embedded Systems Conference East in Boston, Massachusetts.
- AMD Radeon E6460 Product Page
- AMD Embedded Solutions
- The AMD Embedded Blog
- Facebook: Become a fan of AMD technology on Facebook
©2011, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. DirectX is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1 System configuration: AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6GHz 4 Core, Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P, Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) 1333MHz, Windows® 7 64bit Ultimate with 3DMark2006 v 1.2 and 3DMark Vantage v 1.0.2.
2 AMD Eyefinity technology works with applications that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort connectors, and/or DisplayPort compliant active adapters to convert your monitor's native input to your cards DisplayPort or Mini-DisplayPort connector(s), are required. AMD Eyefinity technology can support multiple displays limited by display output clock dependencies and has certain restrictions on supported display interfaces. For AMD Radeon E6460, AMD Eyefinity technology supports up to 4 displays. Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, or Linux® is required in order to support more than two displays. SLS ("Single Large Surface") functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays. AMD Eyefinity technology works with applications that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays.
Contact: John Swinimer AMD Global Communications 905-882-2600 Ext. 2704 Email Contact