NEW YORK, July 27, 2011 — (PRNewswire) — Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Semiconductor - Industry Overview
Today semiconductor industry serves as driver, enabler and indicator of technological progress. The semiconductors have entirely changed the outlook of the world we live today. The PCs we work on, the cars we drive, the phones we communicate, the electronic gadgets for watching movies, listening to music and playing games, the planes and weapons used to transport or protect us all use semiconductor devices. In other words we can say that semiconductors are being used for entire range of industries like consumer electronic, automotive, communications infrastructure to computer industries and many more.
Semiconductor equipment plays a vital role in the manufacturing of integrated devices (ICs). Worldwide semiconductor equipment market is expected to cross US$ 35 Billion by 2013. Wafer processing is the leading segments in the equipments markets. Its market share is steadily increasing and expected to be over 80% of the worldwide equipment market by 2013.
However, semiconductor material market has long played a supporting role in relation to semiconductor equipment but with consistent year-over-year growth before 2009 as the result of record volumes of chips produced, the materials market is set to leave the shadow of the flashy equipment market. It is expected that this market will grow on average growth rate of 7.74% for the period spanning 2010 - 2013. Japan and Taiwan were two major semiconductor material markets in the globe.
As a result, worldwide semiconductor market in 2009 was approximately US$ 200 Billion and it is expected that the worldwide semiconductor market will cross US$ 300 Billion landmark by the end of 2013. In this growth, only minor shifts in sales distribution are expected.
• Worldwide Semiconductor market is expected to cross US$ 300 Billion by 2013
• In 2010, Japan and North America were the top contributor with 16.9% and 16.7% market share in the worldwide semiconductor market
• Korea semiconductor industry is expected to cross US$ 50 Billion mark by 2013
• Automotive and Consumer Electronics are the continuously increasing their market share and expected to reach 7.9% and 21% respectively in 2013
• Integrated Circuit(IC) is the leading components in the semiconductor market as it holds nearly two - third of the semiconductor market alone
• It is expect that the worldwide market for microprocessors and controllers will grow at a CAGR of 9.58% for the spanning period of 2010 – 2013
• Taiwan is the leading market for worldwide semiconductor equipment markets
• Worldwide semiconductor material market will grow on average growth rate 7.75% for the period spanning 2010 -2013
We have studied 7 regions (China, Europe, Japan, Korea, US, Taiwan and Rest of the World) in this report. All the seven regions have been analysed in this report from three criteria 1) Semiconductor Market 2) Semiconductor equipment market and 3) Semiconductor material market.
Information and data in this report has been collected from various printable and non-printable sources like Trade Journals, White papers, Online paid databases, News websites, Government Agencies, Magazines, Newspapers and Trade associations.
Email: Email Contact
Intl: +1 805-652-2626