- Oracle today announced that Silicon Image, a leading provider of wireless and wired HD connectivity solutions, has implemented Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation and Oracle Identity Management, two key components of Oracle Fusion Middleware, to streamline its business intelligence (BI) and identity management initiatives.
- By implementing its Oracle BI solution, Silicon Image was able to take advantage of the intuitive, role-based intelligence capabilities viewed through interactive, customizable dashboards showcasing financial, human resources (HR), and operational information and reports.
- Specifically, Silicon Image deployed Oracle BI Enterprise Edition within weeks running on top of an Oracle data warehouse. Silicon Image's BI solution delivers customized dashboards and reports featuring data from critical Oracle and non-Oracle applications and data sources including the Oracle E-Business Suite Financial Management and Oracle E-Business Suite Manufacturing applications as well as third-party CRM and HR systems.
- Company executives now have timely access to dashboards refreshed daily that span sales, actuals, projections, expenses, time and labor, and more, to help improve decision making processes.
- As a result of the ease-of-use of its BI solution, Silicon Image greatly increased its user adoption as participants could simply access dashboards and reports, including drilling down into data.
- Silicon Image is testing Oracle Supply Chain and Order Management Analytics in development. This prebuilt Oracle BI Application enables organizations to assess inventory levels, determine likely product fulfillment needs before the order has been booked, quickly identify potential order backlog issues, and stay on top of critical accounts receivable (A/R) and daily sales outstanding (DSO) issues.
- Using Oracle Identity Management, the company has been able to automate key processes like on-boarding and off-boarding, reduce manual administrative tasks like password management, and improve user productivity by granting employees self service access to the right information, at the right time. The upgrade helped reduce the helpdesk ticket count per on-boarding/off-boarding occurrence by more than 70 percent.
- Additionally, Oracle Identity Management helped Silicon Image to significantly streamline its regulatory compliance requirements by providing a single report to auditors to determine who had access to specific resources, information and accounts, as opposed to numerous reports each needing to be analyzed and logged.
- "The ad hoc analysis, dashboard and reporting capabilities of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition brought Silicon Image flexibility and delivered additional insight into our data which considerably helped in streamlining our decision making and business processes," said Shahab Muhammad, Director Information Technology at Silicon Image, Inc. "With the upgrade of Oracle Identity Management, we were able to also automate time consuming activities and reach our compliance requirements more effectively."
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Business Intelligence Applications
- Oracle Identity Management 11g
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g
- Join the Oracle Fusion Middleware online communities: Facebook and Twitter
- Connect with Oracle EPM/BI via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Download free evaluation Oracle Business Intelligence software. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
About Silicon Image, Inc.
Silicon Image is a leading provider of wireless and wired connectivity solutions that enable the reliable distribution and presentation of high-definition content for consumer electronics, mobile, and PC markets. The company delivers its technology via semiconductor and intellectual property (IP) products that are compliant with global industry standards and also feature industry leading Silicon Image innovations such as InstaPort. Silicon Image's products are deployed by the world's leading electronics manufacturers in devices such as desktop and notebook PCs, DTVs, Blu-ray Disc players, audio-video receivers, as well as mobile phones, tablets and digital cameras. Silicon Image has driven the creation of the highly successful HDMI® and DVI industry standards, the latest standards for mobile devices -- SPMT (Serial Port Memory Technology) and MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link), and the standard for 60GHz wireless HD video -- WirelessHD (WiHD). Via its wholly-owned subsidiary, Simplay Labs, Silicon Image offers manufacturers comprehensive standards interoperability and compliance testing services. For more information, visit http://www.siliconimage.com/.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact Info Eloy Ontiveros Oracle +1.650.607.6458 Email Contact Marcie Bradley Oracle +1.530.214.8068 Email Contact