DUBLIN — (BUSINESS WIRE) — October 29, 2010 — Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/a4e639/introducing_maya_2) has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book " Introducing Maya 2011" to their offering.
A practical, step-by-step guide to Maya 2011
Four previous editions cant be wrong: this book is the perfect introduction to 3D and Maya. Learn to build and animate your own digital models and scenes with step-by-step instruction and fun and practical examples, while you draw inspiration from the striking examples included from talented Maya users. You'll create a simple animation of the planets in the solar system, learn to model a human hand and a decorative box among other projects and master all essential tools.
- Provides a thorough, step-by-step introduction to Maya 2011
- Explains the core concepts of CG and working in 3D
- Covers modeling, rigging, HDRI lighting, mental ray rendering, and more
- Provides project files on CD and walks you through the creation of several projects; the CD also includes images, movies, and scene files
- Includes a color insert with pages of striking examples from talented Maya beginners
Build your Maya and animation skills from the ground up with this practical, thorough guide.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
For Instructors: Teaching supplements are available for this title.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction to Computer Graphics and 3D.
2. Jumping In Headfirst, With Both Feet.
3. The Maya 2011 Interface.
4. Beginning Polygonal Modeling.
5. Modeling With Nurbs, Subdivisions, and Deformers.
6. Practical Experience.
7. Maya Shading and Texturing.
8. Introduction to Animation.
9. More Animation!
10. Maya Lighting.
11. Maya Rendering.
12. Maya Dynamics and Effects.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/a4e639/introducing_maya_2
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716