FlashPro4 offers high performance communication through the use of USB 2.0 and is high-speed compliant for full use of the 480 Mbps bandwidth. For IGLOO nano 1.2 V core FPGAs, 1.2 V programming is supported.
"FlashPro4 provides our flash FPGA customers with the latest hardware technology for performing both hardware design implementation and software program implementation for embedded processor designs," said Wendy Lockhart, senior manager, design solutions, Actel. "In addition, it provides a common approach for facilitating FPGA debug for tools such as Synopsys® Identify® RTL debugger and Actel's on-chip debug, plus SoftConsole, Actel's embedded software IDE. It is also low enough in cost that our customers can include it with their end systems, so their customers and support personnel can readily perform in-system programming updates in the field."
- Provides programming for hardware design for all current Actel flash FPGAs and embedded software design and debug for embedded ARM® Cortex™-M3, Cortex-M1, 8051s, and future embedded processor designs.
- Common interface for hardware and software debug for Synopsys Identify, Actel on-chip debug, and Actel SoftConsole embedded software IDE
- Low cost in-system programming (ISP) hardware for a single FPGA or chain of Actel flash FPGAs
- Supports 1.2 V programming for Actel IGLOO nano 1.2 V core FPGAs
- Replaces and is fully backward compatible with the previous FlashPro3 programmer
Pricing and Availability
Actel's FlashPro4 programmer is now available for US $49. The part number is FLASHPRO4. The kit includes a USB cable, a ribbon cable with 10-pin JTAG connector, and a quickstart card.
The FlashPro software is available for free, either standalone or as part of all Actel Libero® Integrated Design Environment (IDE) versions.
Actel is the leader in low power FPGAs and mixed signal FPGAs, offering the most comprehensive portfolio of system and power management solutions. Power Matters. Learn more at www.actel.com.
Actel, Actel Fusion, IGLOO, Libero, Pigeon Point, ProASIC, SmartFusion and the associated logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Actel Corporation. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Actel Corporation
Ivanya Terrazas of Actel Corporation