Lenovo today also introduced the ThinkCentre A58e tower desktop, bringing SMBs an affordable and reliable computing solution.
"We've heard from a number of IT managers in a variety of industries, from education, to finance to healthcare, and they've all told us they need desktops that conserve space, save on energy consumption and are easy to maintain and service," said Dilip Bhatia, executive director, Worldwide Desktop Marketing, Lenovo. "The new ThinkCentre A70z exceeds these needs -- not only is it compact, super energy efficient and quick to service, but it's also high performance and extremely affordable."
Click here for a video demonstration of the ThinkCentre A70z.
Reshaping of Desktop Market
According to IDC, the commercial all-in-one PC segment is projected to grow 16 percent year to year worldwide in 2010 with most of the desktop market consisting of small to medium business, small office/home office users and consumers(2). This trend fits into the growing SMB PC market, which is forecasted to grow to more than 99 million PCs in 2011(3).
ThinkCentre A70z Saves Space, Time and Money
The compact ThinkCentre A70z includes a 19 inch, 16:10 widescreen LCD monitor packed into a 2.4 inch(4) black frame that complements just about any office environment. On a desk, the AIO takes up 70 percent less space than a traditional desktop and monitor(5). It can also be mounted flush against an office wall, supported with a radial stand or rested against a leg stand similar to how a picture frame works. The AIO's single power cable(6) helps eliminate unsightly cable clutter that plagues office desk space, and the built-in handle on the back of the monitor makes transporting easy.
Saving on space doesn't mean skimping on performance though. The AIO features:
- Choices of Intel Core 2 Duo through Celeron® Dual Core processors for demanding performance
- Direct X10 support for enhanced games and high-end 3-D applications
- A DVD burner, six USB ports, two audio speakers and optional WiFi
- An optional high resolution webcam and built-in Skype application for voice over Internet protocol web calling with friends and colleagues
- Support for up to 500GB of data storage for lots of photos, music and work files
With simple set up, boot up as quickly as 35 seconds and up to 28 percent faster shut down time(7) and easy access to the hard drive for servicing, the AIO helps save time all around, and businesses know that "time equals money." The affordable AIO also comes equipped at no extra cost with Lenovo's suite of ThinkVantage Technologies (TVTs). These value-added tools help businesses save money by speeding productivity and reducing downtime. Additionally, Lenovo's Power Manager TVT helps organizations save energy by remotely deploying power schemes and global settings. The all-in-one comes Energy Star 5.0 rated for high energy efficiency, but for more savings, using the Power Manager helps save approximately $65 per year over previous Lenovo desktop and monitor solutions(8). To help reduce overall packaging material, the A70z ships with reusable protective bag. By using one box instead of two, material savings are equal to approximately 250 paper cups and 139 plastic packaging bags(9).
ThinkCentre A58e Extends Desktop Value
Based on Intel Core2 Duo or Celeron® processors, the ThinkCentre A58e tower equips users to get the most out of their workday with an assortment of features including support for Microsoft Windows 7, up to 320GB of data storage, up to 2GB of memory and a DVD burner. Implementing Lenovo's Power Manager, businesses can reduce electricity costs on their ThinkCentre A58e by up to 69 percent per year(10). The ThinkCentre A58e combines the essential computing technologies for just about any day-to-day business task at an extremely affordable price.
Services Tailored to the SMB
Lenovo offers a variety of enhanced warranty options as well as its ThinkPlus Priority Support service plan on both new PCs. Priority Support features 24x7 priority call routing to advanced technical support as well as a host of administrative tools. ThinkPlus Priority Support frees up IT staff to address critical business needs while helping to reduce or eliminate the need for around the clock in-house IT support, which can translate into significant cost savings.
In addition both PCs give customers the option to download a free trial of Lenovo Online Backup, a secure, encrypted offsite storage solution for critical data and files. Lenovo Online Backup lets users automatically back up their files and then restore them anytime, from anywhere in the world, via an Internet connection. The free trial includes 5GB of storage for 90 days.
Pricing and Availability(11)
The ThinkCentre A70z all-in-one will be available at the end of November with models starting at approximately $499. The ThinkCentre A58e desktop is available currently with models starting at approximately $349. Both desktops will be available through Lenovo business partners.
(1) Compared with tower desktops, such as ThinkCentre A58 tower and 19-inch ThinkVision L197 wide monitor.
(2) IDC 2009 Q1 WW PC Historical Data by Segment, May 2009.
(3) IDC, Worldwide Quarterly PC Tracker Q22009.
(4) At slimmest point.
(5) Compared with ThinkCentre A58 tower desktop and 19-inch ThinkVision monitor, such as L197 wide monitor.
(6) On select wireless models.
(7) Based on ThinkCentre A58 integrated with Windows 7 Professional RTM, hardware device driver, utilities, Lenovo and 3rd-party software as of September 2009 after optimization by Lenovo engineers to integrated software components. Compared with previous A58 desktops running Windows XP and Vista.
(8) Compared with ThinkCentre A52 and ThinkVision E74 monitor without Power Manager deployed and idle screen on. Based on energy cost of $0.103 k/Wh, Energy Information Administration, Annual Energy Outlook 2009 (early release edition).
(9) Compared to ThinkCentre A58 tower and ThinkVision L1940 19 inch wide monitor packaging.
(10) ThinkCentre A58e tower models using 45 watt processors.
(11) Prices do not include tax or shipping and are subject to change without notice and is tied to specific terms and conditions. Reseller prices may vary. Price does not include all advertised features. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=554107
Contact: Kristy Fair Email Contact 919-257-6329