Ten State, Regional, and Local Governments Awarded $95,950 in Software, Hardware, and Training Grants
Redlands, California—November 11, 2008—ESRI, the leading developer of geographic information system (GIS) software, and Xplore Technologies, an innovative manufacturer of rugged mobile computing systems, announce the winners of the joint 2008 ESRI and Xplore Technologies Mobile Government Demonstration Project Grant Program.
The ESRI and Xplore Technologies software, hardware, and training grants, totaling $95,950, have been awarded to 10 state, regional, and local governments. The recipients are
1. Alabama Forestry Commission, Forest Management Division
2. City of Sarasota, Florida, Public Works and Utilities Department
3. County of Bay, Florida, Emergency Services Department
4. County of Montgomery, Maryland, Department of Parks
5. County of Nueces, Texas, Community Supervision and Corrections Department
6. County of Woodford, Kentucky
7. Eastern Municipal Water District, California
8. State of California, Department of Transportation, District 7
9. Town of Narragansett, Rhode Island, Department of Community Development
10. Village of Algonquin, Illinois, Parks and Forestry Department
The ESRI and Xplore Technologies Mobile Government Demonstration Project Grant Program has been established with two goals in mind. The first objective is to assist government agencies in creating models that integrate mobile and server GIS architecture to improve government processes. The second is to provide reusable applications that can be shared with governments that have similar projects.
ESRI and Xplore Technologies encourage application sharing in the government community because exchanging ideas on issues that affect their communities helps governments better serve the public. Through the ESRI and Xplore Technologies grant program, governments can take advantage of the open exchange of ideas and shared resources to meet their objectives.
Since 1969, ESRI has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS, ESRI software is used in more than 300,000 organizations worldwide including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States, most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. ESRI applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of Web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world’s mapping and spatial analysis. ESRI is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit us at www.esri.com.
Tel.: 909-793-2853, extension 1-3571
E-mail: Email Contact