Intel Data Center Platform Offers Industry’s Highest Levels of Performance, Biggest Data Center Advancement in a Decade
- Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors are uniquely architected for today’s evolving data center and network infrastructure — offering businesses the industry’s highest energy efficiency and system-level performance averaging 1.65x higher performance2 over the prior generation. In growing workloads like AI, Intel Xeon Scalable processors deliver 2.2x performance3 over the prior generation.
- Designed to support an expanding range of existing and emerging data center, and network workloads, including cloud computing, high-performance computing and artificial intelligence.
- Features the richest suite of platform innovations and several integrated performance-boosting technologies including Intel AVX-512, Intel Mesh Architecture, Intel QuickAssist, Intel Optane SSDs, Intel Omni-Path Fabric and more delivering up to 4.2x more virtual machines13 (VMs) versus a 4-year-old system leading to 65 percent TCO improvement.14
- Intel also announced Intel Select Solutions delivering a choice of optimized solution configurations to help speed evaluation and deployment of data center and communications network infrastructure.
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — July 11, 2017 — Intel today launched its new Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, providing businesses with breakthrough performance to handle compute-hungry tasks including real-time analytics, virtualized infrastructure and high-performance computing. Today’s launch marks the greatest set of data center and network processor advancements in a decade.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170711005625/en/
Intel Xeon Scalable processors are optimized for today’s evolving data center and network infrastructure requirements. The scalable processor family provides businesses with breakthrough performance to handle system demands ranging from entry-cloud servers to compute-hungry tasks including real-time analytics, virtualized infrastructure and high-performance computing. (Credit: Intel Corporation)
“Data center and network infrastructure is undergoing massive transformations to support emerging use cases like precision medicine, artificial intelligence and agile network services paving the path to 5G,” said Navin Shenoy, executive vice president and general manager of the Intel Data Center Group. “Intel Xeon Scalable processors represent the biggest data center advancement in a decade.”
Today’s general availability announcement follows Intel’s largest data center early ship program with more than 500,000 Intel Xeon Scalable processors already sold to leading enterprise, high-performance computing, cloud and communication services provider customers. Customers will benefit from a dramatic performance increase of 1.65x on average2 over previous generation technology. With 58 world records and counting, Intel Xeon Scalable delivers industry leading performance across the broadest range of workloads.
Intel Xeon Scalable processors also provide businesses with the richest suite of platform feature innovations that deliver significant performance increases across key workloads. These include:
- Artificial Intelligence: Delivers 2.2x higher deep learning training and inference3 compared to the previous generation, and 113x deep learning performance3 gains compared to a 3-year-old non-optimized server system when combined with software optimizations speeding delivery of AI-fueled services.
- Networking: Delivers up to 2.5x increased IPSec forwarding rate22 for key networking applications compared to previous generation when using Intel QuickAssist and DPDK increasing the value derived from network transformation.
- Virtualization: Operates up to an estimated 4.2x more virtual machines13 (VMs) versus a 4-year-old system for rapid service deployment, server utilization, lower energy costs and space efficiency spurring enterprise data center modernization.
- High Performance Computing: Provides up to a 2x FLOPs/clock improvement1 with Intel AVX-512 as well as integrated Intel Omni-Path Architecture ports, delivering improved compute capability, I/O flexibility and memory bandwidth to accelerate discovery and innovation.
- Storage : Processes up to 5x more IOPS 11 while reducing latency by up to 70 percent 11 versus out-of-the-box NVMe SSDs when combined with Intel® Optane™ SSDs and Storage Performance Development Kit (SPDK), making data more accessible for advanced analytics.