MILPITAS, CA--(Marketwired - September 14, 2016) - Open-Silicon invites you to join others in the semiconductor design community to learn more about the company's broad portfolio of ASIC solutions at the TSMC Open Innovation Platform (OIP) Ecosystem Forum, September 22, 2016, San Jose McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, CA. Open-Silicon will demonstrate its latest ASIC solutions and present a technical paper on HBM IP subsystem implementation for 2.5D ASIC design. Additionally, as an ARM DesignStart Approved Design Partner, Open-Silicon will be exhibiting its Spec2Chip IoT ASIC platform at the ARM 'Connected World of Opportunity' booth, located in the Ecosystem Pavilion, from 1:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- HBM IP Subsystem Implementation: 2.5D ASIC
11:30 - 12:00 - IP/EDA/Services Track
During this presentation, Open-Silicon will present its HBM-Gen2 IP subsystem in TSMC's 16nm FF+ process in combination with TSMC's CoWoS® 2.5D silicon-interposer technology. Aspects to be discussed include HBM applications, HBM IP subsystem solution (controller PHY and die-to-die interposer-IO) implementation, as well as the integration challenges of IP for 2.5D ASIC implementation.
Exhibit Booth #604
08:00 - 18:30 - Ecosystem Pavilion
- HBM Gen2 IP Subsystem Solution - This solution is now available for 2.5D ASIC design starts and also as licensable Intellectual Property (IP). Open-Silicon's IP fully complies with the HBM-Gen2 JEDEC® standard. The IP translates user requests into HBM command sequences (ACT, Pre-Charge) and handles memory refresh, bank/page management and power management on the interface. The IP includes the PHY and custom die-to-die I/O needed to drive the interface between the logic-die and the memory die-stack on the 2.5D silicon interposer.
- IoT ASIC Platform - Demonstrates end-to-end communication between sensor hubs and a cloud platform through a gateway device. Depending upon the type of radio technology, the sensor hubs can be used outdoors, on the factory floor or inside a room. This Industrial IoT system setup is part of Open-Silicon's Spec2Chip IoT Platform, which allows IoT ASIC designs to be evaluated at the system level.
- 28G SerDes Evaluation Platform - Enables the rapid deployment of chips and systems for high-bandwidth networks. The platform includes a full board with a packaged 28nm test chip, software and characterization data. The chip integrates a 28Gbps SerDes quad macro, using physical layer (PHY) IP and meets the compliance needs of the CEI-28G-VSR, CEI-25-LR and CEI-28G-SR specifications.
- HMC 2.0 Memory Controller ASIC IP Platform - Allows quick evaluation of the HMC technology and performance testing of the HMC links. Based on the Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA, this platform includes a fully validated design that integrates HMC controller exerciser functions.
Open-Silicon transforms ideas into system-optimized ASIC solutions within the time-to-market parameters desired by customers. The company enhances the value of customers' products by innovating at every stage of design -- architecture, logic, physical, system, software and IP -- and then continues to partner to deliver fully tested silicon and platforms. Open-Silicon applies an open business model that enables the company to uniquely choose best-in-industry IP, design methodologies, tools, software, packaging, manufacturing and test capabilities. The company has partnered with over 150 companies ranging from large semiconductor and systems manufacturers to high-profile start-ups, and has successfully completed over 300 designs and shipped over 120 million ASICs to date. Privately-held, Open-Silicon employs over 250 people in Silicon Valley and around the world. www.open-silicon.com
Open-Silicon is a trademark and service mark of Open-Silicon, Inc. registered in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
Contact Information: Purvi Shenoy Open-Silicon 408-240-5772 Email contact
Media Contact: Jennifer DeAnda 208-794-7113 Email contact