Including Strong Earnings & Margins - Updates FY 2016 Guidance
Selected First Quarter Results:
- GAAP revenue of $225.9 million and non-GAAP revenue of $226.0 million
- GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.63 and non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.77
- Operating cash flows of $108.6 million
- GAAP operating profit margin of 37.6% and non-GAAP operating profit margin of 46.4%
- Record high deferred revenue and backlog of $506.4 million at March 31, 2016
- Repurchase of 500,000 shares in the first quarter at an average price of $85.37 per share
- Annual Meeting of Stockholders on May 20, 2016 and 2016 Investor Day on June 2, 2016
PITTSBURGH, May 05, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ANSYS, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANSS), today announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2016. The Company reported GAAP and non-GAAP revenue growth in constant currency of 6% and 5%, respectively, and GAAP and non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.63 and $0.77, respectively, for the quarter. Recurring revenue, which is comprised of lease license and maintenance revenue, totaled 78% of revenue for the first quarter.
“Our first quarter results reflect a solid start to the year with strong contributions from markets such as India and China, partially offset by less than expected growth in Europe and North America. We are highly focused on improving direct and indirect sales execution, enhancing our growth rates and continuing to generate returns for our shareholders over the long-term. Through solid internal execution and discipline, we achieved strong margins and earnings, we generated over $100 million in operating cash flow and we continued to return capital to shareholders through our recently increased share repurchase plan,” commented Jim Cashman, ANSYS President and Chief Executive Officer.