The I3 Series Wearable Processing Unit (WPU™) Achieves 29uA/MHz Operation in Active Mode, Offers Dual CPU Performance with 1MB On-board SRAM, Extending battery life Significantly
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — January 4, 2016 — Ineda Systems Inc. announced the mass production status of its low power I3 Series system-on-chip (SoC). The low-cost I3 Series (earlier called as Dhanush-Micro) SoC, achieves 29uA/MHz power consumption in active mode offering a clear advantage over competitor’s devices. The target applications for I3 Series are fitness bands, smart sensors, thermostat and medical applications where low power is a key requirement. With its patented hierarchical computing architecture and ultra low power always-on sensing functionality, the I3 series SoC achieves more than 30 days of battery-life on a 300mAH battery.
“As we are seeing a tremendous growth in IoT and wearable applications, it is becoming increasingly critical to offer solutions with context awareness, always-on sensing, low power and enhanced security at a very competitive cost”, said Ritesh Tyagi, Senior Vice President, Products Strategy at Ineda Systems Inc. “Ineda has also developed a complete software development kit (SDK) both for wearable and IoT applications, which reduces customer design cycles from months to a few weeks.”
Key Features of I3 Series SoC
1. Two high-performance MIPS cores operating at maximum of 240MHz and 80MHz respectively delivering up to 500 DMIPS, and FPU and DSP support
2. 29uA/MHz active mode, and sub 30uA in always-on sensing mode
3. 1.1MB of embedded SRAM to reduce system cost
4. Advanced security including cryptographic accelerators (256-bit AES, DES, 3DES, RC4, and SHA), secured boot, secured memory, and secured peripherals
5. Rich HMI peripherals including TFT LCD controller, and low power MP3 decoder
6. NAND Flash, SPI Flash, and SD/eMMC memory interfaces
7. USB OTG, SDIO, I2S, ADC, 32-bit timers, and other digital interfaces
1. Fully optimized software package included at no additional cost. Package includes Nucleus RTOS, middleware, network stacks, and security libraries
Pricing and Availability
The I3 SoC is priced at $3.50 each in quantities of 10,000 units which includes the full license of the entire software suits. Samples and development kits are now available and can be obtained by directly requesting through Ineda’s website. Customer can now place their orders for the mass production chips.
For more information about the Ineda’s I3 Series SoC, visit Ineda’s website at http://www.inedasystems.com.
About Ineda Systems
Ineda Systems, Inc. is a startup company founded by industry veterans with an ultimate goal of becoming a leader in developing low power SoCs for use in both wearable and IoT devices. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, USA, Ineda Systems also has offices in Hyderabad, India, as well as sales operations in multiple regions including Korea, China, Taiwan, and Japan.
(Remarks) All names of other products or services mentioned in this press release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Ineda Systems Inc.
Ritesh Tyagi, 408-621-4323