ThunderX is Cavium's 64-bit ARMv8 server processor family for next generation Cloud and high performance computing - workloads. With up to 48 high-performance custom cores, single and dual socket capability, high memory bandwidth and capacity, and integrated hardware accelerators, ThunderX enables best-in-class ARMv8 performance per dollar and performance per watt. The ThunderX family includes multiple SKUs that enable servers optimized for compute, storage, network and security workloads in the cloud, and is widely supported by industry-leading OS, hypervisor, software tool and application vendors. ThunderX is also optimized for networking specific workloads such as Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
Show Highlights and Demonstrations
Cavium executives will be available to discuss the broad range of ThunderX based platforms, which are ideal for critical workloads such as cloud storage with CEPH, Apache Hadoop for Big Data Analytics, distributed data bases such as MySQL & Cassandra, Web Serving with NGINX , HPC and virtualization of base station functions in a Cloud RAN environment . ThunderX customer reference platforms will be on display at Cavium's booth #214 along with live demo of
- ARM based OVH cloud platform running on ThunderX.
- FreeBSD based ThunderX system running NGINX.
- Cloud RAN deployment using Octeon Fusion & ThunderX running on MontaVista CGX with Base Band Unit (BBU) and Evolved Packet Core (EPC).
Cavium ThunderX presentation sessions at ARM TechCon 2015 include:
- Wednesday, November 11th: Ed Maste, FreeBSD, will be presenting on Exploring the FreeBSD/ARM64 Port at the Developer's Den.
- Thursday, November 12th: Gopal Hegde, VP/GM of Data Center Processor Group at Cavium, will be presenting at Ballroom B (11.30AM) on ThunderX Workload Optimized Processors
- Numerous ThunderX partners including System Partners, High Performance I/O partners and ARM focused software partners will be exhibiting at ARM TechCon..
To schedule a meeting at ARM TechCon, please send an email to Email Contact and enter ARM TechCon 2015 Meeting Request in the subject line.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in enterprise, data center, cloud and wired and wireless service provider applications. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software compatible processors ranging in performance from 100 Mbps to 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access & service provider equipment. Cavium's processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium's principal offices are in San Jose, California with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India, and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cavium-and-leading-partners-showcase-thunderx-armv8-based-server-platforms-for-next-generation-cloud-data-center-at-arm-techcon-2015-300176691.html
SOURCE Cavium, Inc.
Angel Atondo, Sr. Marketing Communications Manager, Tel: (408) 943-7417, Email: Email Contact