EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – Oct. 26, 2015 – NI (formerly AWR Corporation) announces that NI AWR Design Environment™ V12 will be showcased in a full slate of events at the International IEEE Conference on Microwaves, Communications, Antennas and Electronic Systems (IEEE COMCAS 2015), which will be held in Tel Aviv, Israel,November 2-4, 2015.
Featured in NI Booth #18-20 will be V12 new load-pull and antenna features, ease-of-use and speed enhancements and third-party integrated flows. In addition, key new features will be showcased in several MicroApps presentations within the inaugural COMCAS MicroApps program.
NI AWR Software Demonstrations in Booth #18-20:
- What’s New in V12 – see the new features in V12 NI AWR Design Environment.
- Microwave Office – learn how Microwave Office improves productivity for PA designers with its expanded load-pull and new stability analysis features.
- Visual System Simulator™ (VSS) – understand how VSS simplifies system-level design for radar applications as well as wireless communication standards.
- AXIEM and Analyst™ – catch one of the many AXIEM and Analyst EM demonstrations that showcase new antenna ‘in-situ’ feature, speed enhancements and ease-of-use improvements.
National Instruments will present four talks in the COMCAS MicroApps program. Visit the MicroApps Auditorium (Room 4) to learn more about new capabilities, novel applications and partnership solutions. National Instruments will be presenting the following:
Monday, November 2
• 16:00 - 16:30 Connectors to Antennas to Waveguide: User-Configurable and Parameterized 3D EM Model Libraries
• 16:30 - 17:00 Multi-Channel Phase Coherent Measurement Systems
Tuesday, November 3
• 11:00 - 11:30 The Coffee Can Radar Optimized in NI AWR Design Environment
• 12:30 - 13:00 Design Techniques and Challenges for Millimeter-Wave Product Design
Special Session M03J: Future of Wireless from SDR to 5G/mmWave
Parent company National Instruments will host a special session focusing on software-defined radio (SDR) and 5G wireless on Monday, November 2 from 14:20-16:10 in Room Royal J. VSS will be featured as a presentation titled, "Visual System Simulator Optimizes Software Defined Radio (SDR) Performance" within this special session.
Special Session TU2H: Software and MIMO Techniques
NI AWR software user Jeffrey A. Pawlan, IEEE MTT Distinguished Lecturer, San Jose, California, will present “An Introduction to Software Defined Radio for Microwave Engineers” within the Software and MIMO Techniques session at 11:10 in Room Royal H.
Women in Microwaves (WIM)
AWR Group, NI Vice President of Marketing Sherry Hess will be co-hosting with Helen Duncan, managing director of MWE Media Ltd. a special session titled "Diversity in High-Tech: What’s Working and Why?" on Tuesday November 3. This event starts at16:30 with a keynote by Prof. Orit Hazzan of Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, who will discuss how the creation of a culture that enhances diversity benefits the entire science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) community. This will be followed by a roundtable discussion with women from Europe and the U.S. comparing and contrasting impacts of diversity within the microwave/RF community.
About NI AWR Software
The NI AWR Design Environment software portfolio includes RF/microwave electronic design automation (EDA) tools such as Visual System Simulator™ for system design, Microwave Office/Analog Office for microwave/RF circuit design, and AXIEM and Analyst™ for electromagnetic analysis. NI AWR software tools help design engineers to dramatically reduce development time and cost for components, circuits, systems and subsystems employed in wireless, high-speed wired, broadband, aerospace and defense, and electro-optical applications. Readers can learn more at ni.com/awr.
About National Instruments
Since 1976, NI has made it possible for engineers and scientists to solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges with powerful, flexible technology solutions that accelerate productivity and drive rapid innovation. Customers from a wide variety of industries–from healthcare to automotive and from consumer electronics to particle physics–use NI’s integrated hardware and software platform to improve the world we live in.
Vice President of Marketing, AWR Group, NI