"Last year HP created a very successful new category of cloud-based PCs when we introduced the HP Stream, giving customers a colorful, thin and light PC at an affordable price," said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, Consumer Personal Systems, HP. "Today we are excited to offer the second generation of these PCs with great battery life, Windows 10 optimization and bold new colors."
Fun and Affordable HP Stream Notebooks
Building on the success of the first generation of HP Streams, HP is delivering new HP Stream 11.6 and 13.3 inch diagonal notebooks to provide customers with great value with a powerful processor on the Windows 10(1) notebooks. The HP Stream notebooks continue to deliver value-added services customers have come to expect from HP Stream. Included are free cloud storage for instant access and sharing of content with 1 TB of Microsoft OneDrive for one year(3); Office 365 Personal for one year to edit, share or collaborate in real-time; and 60 Skype minutes per month for chatting with friend and family.(3,4)
Customers can enjoy entertainment with an 11.6 inch HD(5) diagonal display or 13.3 inch HD(5) diagonal display with optional touch. The innovative fanless design with a high efficiency Intel ® Celeron processor(6) and 32 GB of eMMC flash memory(7) allows for quiet, cool operation and quick load times. Exciting colors and stylish gradient designs are available in Cobalt Blue and Violet Purple to add style and fun.(8) The 11.6-inch diagonal HP Stream is also offered in Ash Silver.(8)
The HP Stream is an attractive mobile device for on-the-go customers. The new 11.6 inch diagonal HP Stream weighs 2.6 pounds(9) and is 18.4 millimeters thin and packs up to 10.5 hours of battery life.(10) The 13.3 inch diagonal HP Stream weighs 3.42 pounds(9) and is 19.6 millimeters thin achieving up to 8.5 hours of battery life.(10)
The HP Stream 11.6 and 13.3 inch diagonal notebooks offer customers plenty of ports with one USB 3.0 port, one USB 2.0 port, one HDMI port, and a micro SD card reader. The 13-inch diagonal HP Stream notebook comes with two USB 2.0 ports. HP Stream notebooks also come with a front facing HP TrueVision HD webcam(11) for Skype chats.
Stream Notebook for Education
The HP Stream 11 Pro G2 provides the ideal solution for an upgraded classroom learning experience. With 2x2 WLAN connectivity,(11) Hardware TPM 2.0, and a 4GB RAM option for fast boot-up time, the secure and budget friendly notebook offered in Ash Silver is built for the modern classroom. Students and teachers can be productive with Microsoft OneDrive (3) cloud storage and the 64GB storage(7) option for flexibility to store learning documents locally. Online group discussions become more productive and vivid with the enhanced microphone that helps to reduce noise and echoes combined with DTS Studio Sound and the 720p HD webcam.(11)
The HP Stream 11 Pro G2 comes with 1-year limited warranty and additional HP Care Pack options.(12) For educational institutions requiring a one-stop IT management solution, HP Touchpoint Manager(13) offers a cloud-based app to quickly troubleshoot issues real-time across mobile and desktop classroom devices.
Pricing and Availability (14)
- The 11.6-inch HP Stream is expected to be available in the United States at
www.hp.com/go/stream-notebooks and select retailers on October 18, 2015 is $199.99.
- The 13.3-inch HP Stream is expected to be available in the United States at www.hp.com/go/stream-notebooks and select retailers on October 18, 2015 is $229.99.
- The HP Stream 11 Pro G2 is expected to be available in the United States on October 12, 2015 is $249.00.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See
(2) Compared to prior HP generation.
(3) The OneDrive free cloud storage offer is available for a limited time. Storage offer available for 2 years from the date you redeem. Check the activation card inside the package and see http://onedrive.com/windowsoffer for full offer
(4) Office 365 Personal 1-year with activation required within limited time. Internet access is required and not included. For more information, see www.office.com/information. Sixty minutes of Skype per month is included with subscription to Office 365. Actual application must be downloaded from skype.com.
(5) High definition (HD) content is required to view high-definition images.
(6) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(7) For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
(8) Colors vary by region.
(9) Actual weight will vary by configuration.
(10) Windows 10 /MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See http://www.bapco.com for additional details.
(11) Internet service required and not included.
(12) HP Care Packs are sold separately. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location. Service starts on date of hardware purchase. Restrictions and limitations apply. For details, visit www.hp.com/go/cpc. HP services are governed by the applicable HP terms and conditions of service provided or indicated to Customer at the time of purchase. Customer may have additional statutory rights according to applicable local laws, and such rights are not in any way affected by the HP terms and conditions of service or the HP Limited Warranty provided with your HP Product.
(13) HP Touchpoint Manager requires purchase of a subscription and supports Android, iOS and Windows 7 or higher operating systems and PCs, notebooks, tablets and smartphones from various manufacturers. Not available in all countries see www.hp.com/touchpoint for availability information.
(14) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
© Copyright 2015Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
© 2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of HP for future operations, including the separation transaction; the future performance of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. if the separation is completed; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy, including the planned separation transaction, and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the execution, timing and results of the separation transaction or restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP's business) and the anticipated benefits of implementing the separation transaction and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2015, and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.