MEMS-based Oscillators Offer Ultimate Performance and Flexibility
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — October 7, 2015 — SiTime Corporation, a MEMS and analog semiconductor company, today announced that its high performance SiT9120 and SiT8256 oscillators are being used by Lattice Semiconductor on their ECP5™ Versa FPGA development board. The SiT9120 differential oscillator is used to drive the DDR3 memory on the board and the SiT8256 oscillator feeds Lattice’s ispClock™ device, a programmable PLL that drives multiple functions on the board. Lattice Semiconductor is also using SiTime’s low power SiT1602 oscillator in their HDR-60 video camera development kit (HDR-60 baseboard and NanoVesta headboard) and their iCE40 UltraLite™ breakout board.
“SiTime has become the leader in programmable MEMS timing solutions by offering high performance, feature-rich, flexible solutions that enable customers to streamline development and quickly deliver differentiated products – and this pairs well with Lattice’s goals,” said Piyush Sevalia, executive vice president of marketing at SiTime. “Lattice adopted our timing solutions for their high-end FPGA board because SiTime offers best-in-class performance along with unmatched reliability, configurability and availability. SiTime is revolutionizing the timing industry with breakthrough silicon MEMS-based solutions that enhance system performance and reliability.”
“SiTime’s oscillators enable a critical function in our ECP5 Versa board that accelerates development of connectivity designs in high-volume communications and industrial applications,” said Deepak Boppana, director, product marketing at Lattice Semiconductor. “Our boards require extremely accurate clocks and SiTime’s oscillators deliver on our stringent performance margin, plus their ultra-fast lead times meet our quick turnaround requirements. SiTime is a key partner within the Lattice ecosystem that enables system architects to speed design and innovation.”
About the SiT912x and SiT82xx MEMS oscillator families
SiTime’s MEMS oscillators are designed with a programmable architecture that offers a wide range of features and ultra short lead-times. The SiT912x oscillators have a differential output with LVPECL and LVDS signaling levels. The SiT82xx oscillators have LVCMOS/LVTTL compatible output. Both oscillator families offer the following features.
- Excellent frequency stability, as low as 10 PPM over the industrial temperature range for better timing margin
- Wide frequency range from 1 to 625 MHz with SiT912x devices and 1 to 220 MHz with SiT82xx devices; 6 decimal places of accuracy
- Any supply voltage between 2.5 to 3.3V (plus 1.8V for SiT82xx oscillators) to support a range of FPGAs/processors and eliminate level translation components
- Industry standard footprints in 3225, 5032 and 7050 packages (plus 2520 package for SiT82xx oscillators)
- Outstanding silicon reliability of 1140 million hours MTBF (30 times better than quartz)
- 50,000 g shock and 70 g vibration resistance (10 times better than quartz)
- Programmable drive strength on SiT82xx oscillators that enables lower rise/fall time to reduce system EMI or increased rise/fall time to drive multiple loads and eliminate external buffers
- Field programmable samples available for use with SiTime’s Time Machine II programmer
- SiT912x and SiT82xx devices are in production and available with fast lead-times of 3 to 5 weeks
SiTime Part Numbers used on the Lattice ECP5 Versa Board
SiTime Corporation, a MEMS analog semiconductor company and a wholly owned subsidiary of MegaChips Corporation (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 6875), offers MEMS-based silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products. SiTime’s configurable solutions enable customers to differentiate their products with higher performance, reduced size and better reliability. The rich feature set and flexibility of SiTime’s solutions allow customers to consolidate their supply-chain, reducing cost of ownership and time to market. By using standard semiconductor processes and high volume packaging, SiTime offers the best availability and shortest lead times in the industry. With 80% market share and over 300 million devices shipped, SiTime is driving the electronics industry to use 100% silicon-based timing. www.sitime.com.
Piyush Sevalia, 408-331-9138
Executive Vice President, Marketing