TAIPEI, Taiwan — 2 September 2015 — SEMICON Taiwan 2015 opened today starting a three-day event drawing over 43,000 attendees from electronics manufacturing. Held 2-4 September, SEMICON Taiwan represents the huge Taiwan business potential with Taiwanese chipmakers and Outsourced Semiconductor Assembly and Test (OSAT) firms spending over $20 billion in the next two years on equipment and materials.
2015 is the 20th anniversary of SEMICON Taiwan and now draws more than 700 exhibitors and more than 43,000 attendees. Over 500 will attend the SEMICON Taiwan Leadership Gala Dinner, one of the most important executive events for the high-tech industry in Taiwan.
SEMICON Taiwan features co-located events and technology theme pavilions focusing on IC design, MEMS, 3D-ICs, advanced packaging/testing, sustainable manufacturing, and secondary equipment.
Highlights of this year’s show include:
- Executive Summit: With the theme “Conversation between Nobel Prize Laureate and Distinguished Leaders in Taiwan,” executives from Executive Yuan, Etron Technology, ASE Group, and NCTU will share their unique perspectives with Prof. Shuji Nakamura, 2014 Nobel Prize winner.
- Market Trends Forum: Forum features speakers from Beijing Gaohua Securities, IDC Asia/Pacific, UBS Investment Bank, Sanford C. Bernstein, TechSearch, and SEMI, with moderation by TSMC.
- CFO and Investor Summit: With the theme, “An Exciting Period of Growth and Mergers in the Semiconductor Industry,” the event features speakers from TSMC, DBS, National Tsing Hua University, imec, and Taiwan M&A and Private Equity Council, with moderation by EQUVO.
- Memory Executive Summit: The Summit includes presenters from Everspin, imec, Inotera Memories, and ITRI.
- SiP Global Summit 2015: With a strong focus on heterogeneous integration through System-in-a-Package (SiP) technology, the event features more than 20 industry leaders who will share their insights and solutions on 3D-IC, Through Silicon Via (TSV), 2.5D-IC with silicon interposer, and embedded substrate technologies. More than 500 industry professionals from around the world are expected to attend.
- Advanced Packaging Technology Symposium: Presenters will cover market trends, product applications, and packaging/assembly solutions to advanced equipment and material development, and testing and reliability - covering the most advanced technology development directions for 3D-IC.
- Sustainable Manufacturing Forum: Experts will address a wide variety of environment, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability topics that affect high-tech manufacturing.
- Semiconductor Materials Forum: This is the newest forum -- features topics including front-end materials for advanced semiconductor devises, advanced materials solutions for 10nm and beyond, challenges for local material manufacturers, and novel materials, and activities for advanced packaging.
For more information and online registration, visit the SEMICON Taiwan website: www.semicontaiwan.org
SEMI is the global industry association serving the nano- and micro-electronic manufacturing supply chains. Our 1,900+ member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit
Telephone: 886-3-5601777 #207
Email: Email Contact