PMC Storage Experts Discuss the Latest Technologies to Accelerate Critical Data Center and Enterprise Applications
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — August 7, 2015 — PMC-Sierra, Inc. ( PMC®) (Nasdaq: PMCS), the semiconductor and software solutions innovator transforming networks that connect, move and store big data, will present and exhibit at the upcoming Flash Memory Summit, August 11-13, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
Derek Dicker, vice president of PMC’s Performance Solutions Group, will present a keynote, “Breaking Down the Barriers to PCIe Adoption.” PMC storage experts will discuss the latest trends in PCIe, NVMe and error correction that are shaping next-generation Solid-State Drives in forum sessions.
- PMC Flashtec™ NVMe Controllers showcasing the industry-leading performance of PCIe SSDs compared to SATA SSDs. PMC’s controller sets new performance and total-cost-of-ownership benchmarks for PCIe-based architectures in the enterprise and the data center.
- NVMe over RDMA and peer-to-peer transactions between RDMA and PCIe devices featuring PMC’s Flashtec NVRAM Drives and Mellanox solutions to accelerate critical applications.
- Fully integrated SSD-NAND characterization flow using SSDExplorer.
- Interoperability and flexibility of PMC’s Flashtec controller and leading NAND types.
Exhibit hours are 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. on August 12, and 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on August 13.
- Wednesday, August 12, 2:30 - 3:00 p.m. (Keynote 10): Derek Dicker, vice president of PMC’s Performance Solutions Group, will present “Breaking Down the Barriers to PCIe SSD Adoption.”
- Tuesday, August 11, 3:15 - 5:45 p.m. (Forum A-12): David Allen, director of product marketing, will present “NVMe Ecosystem Development” in the NVMe and PCIe SSDs, Part 2 session.
- Wednesday, August 12, 8:30 - 10:50 a.m. (Forum F-21): Rino Micheloni, PMC fellow, co-authored “SSDExplorer: A Virtual Platform for SSD Simulation,” in the SSD Testing session.
- Wednesday, August 12, 8:30 - 10:50 a.m. (Forum E-21): Rino Micheloni co-authored “Hardware and Algorithms, Safely Overclocking Flash I/O in SSDs,” in the Controllers and Flash Technology, Part 1 session.
- Wednesday, August 12, 3:10 - 5:45 p.m. (Forum D-22): Fabian Trumper, senior product marketing manager, will present “How NVRAM Improves SDS Solutions” in the Flash and Software-Defined Storage session.
- Wednesday, August 12, 3:10 - 5:45 p.m. (Forum E-22): Radjendirane Codandaramane, manager of applications, will present “How LDPC Is Enabling New NAND Flash Memories” in the Controllers and Flash Technology Part 2: Decoding the Future session.
- Thursday, August 13, 8:30 - 10:50 a.m. (Forum J-31): Stephen Bates, senior technical director, will present “Modelling a High-Performance NVM Express SSD constructed from ReRAM” in the PCIe/NVMe Storage session.
- Thursday, August 13, 12:50 - 1:05 p.m. – Rahul Advani, director of product marketing, will present in the FMS theater.
- Thursday, August 13, 3:10 - 4:25 p.m. (Session 303-C): Rino Micheloni will present “Fully Integrated SSD-NAND Characterization Flow” in the SSD Technology, Part 2 session.
PMCS) is the semiconductor and software solutions innovator
transforming networks that connect, move and store big data. Building on
a track record of technology leadership, the company is driving
innovation across storage, optical and mobile networks. PMC’s highly
integrated solutions increase performance and enable next-generation
services to accelerate the network transformation. For more information,
Follow PMC on our