scSTREAM/HeatDesigner V12 Released
June 26, 2015 -- Cradle is pleased to announce the release of scSTREAM/HeatDesigner V12.
scSTREAM is general purpose, structured grid Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software used when exact geometrical details do not strongly influence the overall flow field. Applications can include electronics cooling, HVAC, architecture, and others.
HeatDesigner is a derivative of scSTREAM specially dedicated to electronics cooling analyses. Because they use structured grids, both scSTREAM and HeatDesigner are extremely fast and efficient.
scSTREAM/HeatDesigner V12 contain many new features. Highlights include:
- Expanded cut cell functions
- The cut cell function slices off portions of cartesian elements to more accurately simulate non-cartesian geometries. This replaces use of stair-step shaped cells to simulate an angled surface.
- The use of cut cell has been expanded to include Compound Wall Treatment (CWT) which more accurately simulates boundary layers and improves the prediction of flow separation.
- Cut cell can also be used with multiblock in V12. Multiblock enables increasing local grid resolution without having to carry the increased density across the entire domain. Cut cell with multiblock can effectively achieve the accuracy of a fine grid model with the same number of elements as a coarse cell model.
- Cut cell can now be used for thermal analyses where the cut cells have solid attributes. Emissivity can also be assigned to cut cell parts for radiation analyses.
- Enhanced moving object functions
- Dew condensation/evaporation on moving object faces can be simulated in V12.
- Inflow/outflow boundary conditions can be applied to moving object faces.
- Elastic deformation can be simulated for moving parts.
- Enhanced function for thermal radiation analyses
- Frosted (matted) glass or a sunshade can be simulated using diffuse transmittance.
- Improved particle tracking
- Particle adhesion to moving objects can be simulated in V12.
- Particles can be converted to condensation.
- Particles can be tracked on a multiblock mesh
- Support for Unicode
- Unicode adopted as the standard character code for text data and text files. This eliminates garbled text no matter what language setting is used.
There are just some of the new features in scSTREAM/HeatDesigner V12. Others include:
- Shear-heating effect on multiblock mesh
- Printer paper-feeding model
- Enhanced forest canopy model
- Hybrid parallel computing
- Unified solver for porous media and thermal circuits models
- and more.
scSTREAM/HeatDesigner V12 are available for download from User Page portal.
The information in this news release is current as of the date of publication and is subject to change without notice.
Tel: +1 (937)912-5798
Email: Email Contact