SAN JOSE, Calif. — May 28, 2015 — SEMI today announced the SEMICON West 2015 test and packaging program agendas. In addition to over 650 exhibitors, SEMICON West will feature more than 180 total hours of programs — including free technical, applications and business events as well as exclusive programs. Discounted registration for SEMICON West 2015 ends June 5.
Exclusive programs include the three-day Semiconductor Technology Symposium (STS), a comprehensive technology and business conference, addressing the key issues driving the future of semiconductor manufacturing and markets. This year, STS programs on Packaging and Test include:
- The Very Big Picture, the Future of Semiconductor Packaging Technology (July 14) — with speakers from 3MTS, AMD, Oracle, and more; plus a panel discussion on “Value vs. Cost”
- Packaging: Digital Health and Semiconductor Technology (July 14) — with speakers from Cisco, Medicustek, GE Global Research Center, Medtronic, and more
- Test Vision 2020: The Road to the Future of Test (July 15-16) — with keynote from Kaivan Karimi, VP at Atmel, Inc. plus speakers Brad Shaffer of IHS and Thomas Burger of AMS. Sessions include: Wireless Test in the IoT Era; Unique Test Flows for New Cost Challenges; and Advanced Packaging, Advanced Test Challenges. Panel sessions will discuss “How Secure is your Test Data, Really?” and “What Does RF Test Look like in Five Years? Future Solutions for Lowering the Cost of Transceiver Tests”
In addition, two packaging and test sessions will be offered as part of the TechXPOT program on the exhibition floor (free to exposition attendees):
- Automating Semiconductor Test Productivity (July 14) — a panel of experts from the semiconductor test community, including representatives from TI, STMicro and ASE, will discuss challenges and opportunities for automating test operations to maximize productivity
- Auto Utopia: Gearing up Semiconductor to Turns Dreams to Reality (July 15) — with speakers from ASE, Gartner, PRIME Research, ASE Singapore, and more (session partner: MEPTEC)
Other key segments at SEMICON West 2015 include:
- Global Business Outlook
- Semiconductor Fabrication, Equipment and Materials
- The Internet of Things
- Flexible Hybrid Electronics
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Next-Generation Products
SEMICON West ( www.semiconwest.org) continues to feature a full set of complimentary programs, including keynote addresses, executive panels, technical and business sessions. The Tuesday Keynote Panel features imec, Qualcomm, and Stanford University tackling the issue of “Scaling the Walls of sub-14nm Manufacturing.” Doug Davis, senior VP and GM, IoT Group at Intel, will present the Wednesday Keynote.
To view a SEMICON West 2015 “schedule at-a-glance,” click here. Discounted pricing is available through June 5. Early-bird pricing for the Semiconductor Technology Symposium (STS), Test Vision 2020, and Sustainable Manufacturing Forum (SMF) also applies through June 5. Register now to save: www.semiconwest.org/Participate/RegisterNow
Premier sponsors of SEMICON West 2015 include Applied Materials, KLA-Tencor, and Lam Research.
SEMI is the global industry association serving the nano- and microelectronic manufacturing supply chains. Our 1,900+ member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information on SEMI, visit www.semi.org.
Email: Email Contact