TI Precision Labs provides engineers with on-demand, hands-on learningDALLAS, March 23, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today unveiled TI Precision Labs, the electronics industry's first comprehensive online classroom for analog engineers. The on-demand courses pair theory and applied lab exercises to deepen the technical expertise of experienced engineers and accelerate the development of those early in their careers.
The free, modular curriculum includes more than 30 hands-on trainings and lab videos covering analog amplifier design considerations with online coursework. View TI Precision Labs – Op Amp course offerings and enroll: www.ti.com/precisionlabs-pr.
TI Precision Labs incorporates a variety of tools to bring the online training experience to life. A TI Precision Labs – Op Amp Evaluation Module (TI-PLABS-AMP-EVM), which is available for purchase for US$199, provides the opportunity for engineers to complete each demonstrated learning activity along with the trainer. The curriculum also provides access to free design tools, such as TI Designs reference designs and TI's TINA-TI™ SPICE model simulator.
Engineers can evaluate circuits and small-signal AC performance created during the trainings with National Instruments' (NI) VirtualBench™ all-in-one instrument and TI's Bode Analyzer Software for VirtualBench, as well as standard engineering bench equipment.
"By combining TI Precision Labs and VirtualBench, TI and NI are providing a more immersive and accessible way to learn and apply analog concepts," said Chad Chesney, director of data acquisition marketing at NI. "Viewing and interacting with multiple instruments in a single, intuitive user interface provides a better understanding of real-world design performance."
Key features and benefits of TI Precision Labs:
- Experiential learning applies theory to real-world, hands-on examples with lab demonstration videos.
- A customized learning environment provides recommended training tracks on topics such as noise, bandwidth and input/output swing, while enabling engineers to pick and choose courses based on individual needs and interests.
- Accelerated learning for recent graduates eases the transition from undergraduate theoretical-based learning to real-world designing.
- Robust learning materials include a downloadable presentation workbook and lab manual, as well as TI's Analog Engineer's Pocket Reference, which puts commonly used board- and system-level formulas at your fingertips.
- Expert support: A TI Precision Labs support forum is available on the TI E2E™ Community to answer questions resulting from the training.
The TI Precision Labs training curriculum is free to anyone with a myTI account. In addition to free training, other benefits of myTI registration include the ability to purchase TI integrated circuits (ICs), evaluation modules, development kits and software; request product samples; get technical assistance through the TI E2E™ Community; create, simulate and optimize systems in the WEBENCH® Design Center; and more.
TI Precision Labs curriculum is housed in the new TI Training Center, which connects engineers with the technical training they need to find solutions to their design challenges anytime, anywhere.
In addition to the on-demand courses, in-person, hands-on trainings covering a variety of precision amplifier topics, such as noise, offset, input bias, slew rate and bandwidth, are scheduled for May in Schaumburg, IL and Pewaukee, WI. Both live trainings require registration and cost US$99 to attend. More in-person training dates in the United States will be added.
Learn more about precision analog design:
- Check out the TI Precision Labs on-demand course offerings and in-person training schedule.
- Learn why TI Linear Applications Manager Art Kay and his team created TI Precision Labs and what engineers can expect from the curriculum in this blog post and video.
- Get tips, tricks and techniques from TI precision analog experts on our Precision Hub blog.
- Explore the TI Designs – Precision online reference design library of board- and system-level precision analog circuits.
- Join the TI E2E™ Community to find solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E and TINA-TI are trademarks of Texas Instruments. VirtualBench is a trademark of National Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ti-launches-the-industrys-first-online-classroom-for-analog-design-300053723.html
SOURCE Texas Instruments
Kristina Atkins, Texas Instruments, 214-567-8480
Nelli Tokleh, Golin, 972-341-2593