Complete with integrated CDMA2000 technology that looks to meet the needs of the high-end smartphone market worldwideBARCELONA, Spain, March 1, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — MediaTek, today announced the release of the MT6753, a 64-bit Octa-core mobile system-on-chip (SoC) with support for WorldMode modem capability. Coupled with the previously announced MT6735 quad-core SoC, the new MT6753 is designed with high performance features for an ever more demanding mid-range market.
Reinforcing MediaTek's commitment to driving the latest technology to customers across the world, the MT6753 SoC will be offered at a price that creates strong value for customers, especially as it comes with integrated CDMA2000 to ensure compatibility in every market. The eight ARM Cortex-A53 64-bit processors and Mali-T720 GPU helps to ensure customers can meet graphic-heavy multimedia requirements while also maintaining battery efficiency for high-end devices.
"The launch of the MT6753 again demonstrates MediaTek's desire to offer more power and choice to our 4G LTE product line, while also giving customers worldwide greater diversity and flexibility in their product layouts," said Jeffrey Ju, Senior Vice President at MediaTek.
The MT6753, which is compatible with the previously announced MT6735 for entry smartphones, also enables handset makers to reduce time to market, simplify product development and manage product differentiation in a more cost effective way. MT6753 is sampling to customers now, with the first commercial devices to be available in Q2, 2015.
Key Features of MT6753 include:
Next-Generation 64-bit Mobile Computing System
- Octa-core, up to 1.5GHz ARM Cortex-A53 64-bit processors with MediaTek's leading CorePilot multi-processor technology, providing a perfect balance of performance and power for mainstream mobile devices
- Mali-T720 GPU with support for the Open GL ES 3.0 and Open CL 1.2 APIs and premium graphics for gaming and UI effects
Advanced Multimedia Features
- Supports low-power, 1080p, 30fps video playback on the emerging video codec standard H.265 and legacy H.264 and 1080p, 30fps H.264 video recording
- Integrated 16MP camera image signal processor with support for unique features like PIP (Picture-in-Picture), VIV (Video in Video) and Video Face Beautifier
- Display support up to HD 1920x1080 60fps resolution with MediaTek MiraVision™ technology for DTV-grade picture quality
Integrated 4G LTE WorldModeModem & RF
- Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150 Mb/s downlink, 50 Mb/s uplink)
- 3GPP Rel. 8, DC-HSPA+ (42 Mb/s downlink, 11 Mb/s uplink), TD-SCDMA and EDGE are supported for legacy 2G/3G networks
- CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A
- Comprehensive RF support (B1 to B41) and the ability to mix multiple low-, mid-, and high bands for a global roaming solution
Integrated Connectivity Solutions
- Supports dual-band Wi-Fi to effortlessly connect to a wide array of wireless routers and enable new applications like video sharing over Miracast
- Bluetooth 4.0, supporting low-power connection to fitness gadgets, wearables and other accessories, such as Bluetooth headsets
About MediaTek Inc.
MediaTek is a pioneering fabless semiconductor company, and a market leader in cutting-edge Systems on Chip for wireless communications and connectivity, HDTV, DVD and Blu-ray. MediaTek created the world's first True Octa-core™ smartphone platform with LTE and our CorePilot® technology releasing the full power of multi-core mobile processors. Through MediaTek Labs, the company is creating a worldwide ecosystem in support of device creation, application development and services based around MediaTek offerings. With an emphasis on enabling technology for the masses and not the chosen, everyone can be an Everyday Genius®. MediaTek [TSE: 2454] is headquartered in Taiwan and has offices worldwide. Please visit www.mediatek.com for more information.
MediaTek Press Office:
Kristin Taylor, MediaTek Inc.
2860 Junction Ave, San Jose, CA 95134, USA
Joey Lee, MediaTek Inc.
+886-3-567-0766 # 31602
No. 1, Dusing 1st Rd., Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu City 30078, Taiwan
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mediatek-releases-the-mt6753-a-worldmode-64-bit-octa-core-smartphone-soc-300043238.html
SOURCE MediaTek Inc.