Pericom is introducing new PCI Express (PCIe) timing, switching, and signal integrity products essential for embedded applications. Embedded platforms use a number of different CPU vendors who employ PCIe as the main I/O protocol. Pericom offers multiple PCIe products covering packet switch, protocol bridge, signal switch, signal integrity (ReDriver), and timing functions in support of PCIe speeds up to 8Gb (PCIe 3.0).
In addition to PCIe, embedded platforms often require bridging to other protocols, such as I2C or SPI to UART, 8-BIT to UART, PCIe to UART, PCIe to USB2, PCIe to PCI, and PCI-X to PCIe. Pericom offers a family of products for each of these protocol bridges, which provide embedded platform designers with flexible protocol bridging solutions. Pericom also offers a complementary family of GPIO port expanders, and I2C splitters, level shifters and buffer/ReDrivers.
"Embedded platforms are an excellent match to our broad PCIe and protocol bridging product offerings, because of our established market presence and commitment to long product life cycles," said Alex Hui, Pericom president and CEO. "We still maintain the original design and support teams across all of our legacy and newer PCIe packet switch and bridge products while continuing to add new products. Our commitment to embedded customers is reflected in the number of long term relationships we have acquired in this market space."
New connectivity products announced at Embedded World include additions to the PCIe packet switch family, expanding Pericom's 'total segment solution focus' for embedded platforms, 8-BIT to UART protocol bridge. Switching families cover 8Gb/10Gb, while I2C and GPIO families offer port expander mux/level shifter/buffer functions. Timing products include protocol specific low jitter clock generators and buffers, as well as extremely low jitter 156.25MHz XO aimed at 10/40Gb Ethernet applications. Signal Integrity products include PCIe 8Gb, Ethernet 10Gb, and USB3 ReDriver/repeaters.
Product Part Numbers and Availability:
All of the new products are available now, either sampling or in production phase.
Connectivity Product Solutions:
- PI7C9X2G606PRB PCIe Gen2 Packet Switch - 6 port, 6 lane
- PI7C9X2G608GP PCIe Gen 2 Packet Switch - 6-port, 8-lane
- PI7C9X2G612GPB PCIe Gen2 Packet Switch - 6 port, 12 lane
- PI7C9X798 8-BIT to Octal UART Bridge
- PI7C9X754 8-BIT to Quad UART Bridge
- Complete portfolio of Packet Switches
Signal Integrity ReDriver/Repeater Product Solutions:
- PI3EQX8984 - 4 Lane (8 Channel) 8Gb PCIe3 Interleave Pinout Linear ReDriver/Repeater
- PI3EQX8908 - 8 Channel 8Gb PCIe3 Flow-Thru Pinout Linear ReDriver/Repeater
- PI3EQX10908 - 8 Channel 10Gb Flow-Thru Pinout Linear Redriver/Repeater
- PI3EQX7841 - 1 Port USB3 with I2C ReDriver/Repeater
- Related Products - SATA3/SAS2/SAS3 Repeater/Redriver Family
Switching Product Solutions:
- PI6ULS5V9617A - I2C Buffers/Level Shifters
- PI4MSD5V9545A / 9546A - I2C 1:4 MUX Switches
- 8Gb PCIe MUX / Crossbar Switches
- PI4IOE5V9554 / 9555 / 9539 -GPIO MUX / Expanders - up to 1:16 MUX
- USB2/3 Mux
Timing Product Solutions:
- PI6C49S1504 / 1506 / 1510 -Very Low Jitter Clock Buffers
- PI6LC48H02 - Very Low Jitter Clock Generator - HCSL Outputs (PCIe)
- UX XO - Extremely Low Jitter XO family for networking, server, storage applications
- Buffers and Generators - Low power PCIe clock family
Additional information and a volume pricing quote is available through Pericom worldwide sales, or by visiting www.pericom.com/contact
Graphics: High Resolution Graphics
Pericom Semiconductor Corporation (
ReDriver is a trademark of Pericom Semiconductor Corporation, all rights reserved. PCI Express and PCIe are registered trademarks of PCI-SIG.
NA/EU Marketing Contact: Bill Weir, Senior Director Pericom Semiconductor Milpitas, California USA 408-232-9016 Email Contact NA/EU Press Contact: Sacha Arts Bella Vista Communications Los Gatos, California, USA 408-458-6316 Email Contact