Grenoble, France – February 9, 2015-- Dolphin Integration announces the rollout of the third generation of audio converters with the sDACa-MT1.03, an ultra dense DAC with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for audio applications. This new product is delivered as a Virtual Component of Silicon IP with a set of application schematics enabling the user to select a solution optimized for the targeted performances while guaranteeing the lowest cost of Bill-of-Material.
The configuration flexibility of this audio DAC enables to support a large set of output peripherals, such as:
- A sound amplifier with analog inputs
- A sound amplifier with digital inputs
- A line output (up to 6 Vrms)
- 16/32/50 Ω headphones
This stereo DAC has been designed to support most worldwide STB standards. Thanks to its flexibility, such a Silicon IP is also suitable for various other applications such as wireless speakers, digital radio or Smart TV. The sDACa-MT1.03 can reach performances up to 105 dB of SNR with its application schematics. Moreover, its small silicon area, under 0.1 mm2 at 28 nm, combined with a reduced pin count and a low-cost Bill-of-Material offer the perfect match for developing cost effective SoCs targeting high volume markets.
Key features :
- Anti Pop-up Noise control signal
- Spread-spectrum feature for safe integration with RF transceivers
- PLL-less feature to prevent jitter issues on the DAC master clock
- Jerkless feature to prevent performance drops due to jitter on the audio signal
- Optionally delivered with a voice trigger enabling to detect voice and wake-up the rest of SoC
- Delivered with advanced views enabling Noise Propagation Checks (NPC)
- Logic design, enabling to save test cost thanks to pure logic SCAN test
Measurement reports: available on request.