Launches New Technologies to Enhance Internet of Things, Expand Connected Car, Speed Wi-Fi Streaming, Grow Ultra HD and Set-top Box Markets and MoreLAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — 2015 CES International -- At the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, announced a range of new innovations optimized to enhance connectivity in the home, on-the-go and on-the-road. New product announcements include the world's first DOCSIS 3.1 offering, new small form factor set-top box platforms and the world's fastest 4x4 Multi-user MIMO 5G WiFi device. Visit Broadcom's 2015 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) site to learn more at www.connectingeverything.com.
Broadcom's Top CES Announcements Include:
- Next-generation BroadR-Reach® Technology Extends Ethernet to Telematics, Shark Fin Antennas and Instrumentation Cluster Applications
- Tap-to-Connect Technology Delivers Seamless In-car Device Pairing
- Enables Operators to Expand Subscribers and Services Offered Within Multiple Dwelling Units
- World's Fastest 4x4 MU-MIMO Chip Delivers Dramatic Improvement in Wireless Video Streaming
- Delivers Seamless Whole Home Audio Streaming over Wi-Fi
- First Set-top Box SoCs to Integrate Google VP9 Video Compression Standard
- Announces World's First DOCSIS 3.1 Chip and Cable Modem Reference Design to Increase Wireless Reach and Range in Any Room
- Brings 5G WiFi and HEVC Compression to Platforms Smaller Than a Smartphone
- First HPAV2 MIMO-certified Device Extends Home Networks over Existing Power Lines
- Enables Cable MSOs to Provide Faster Customized Data Services
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything® and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Susan Vander May
Senior Manager, Communications
T. Peter Andrew
Vice President, Treasury & Investor Relations
Director, Investor Relations
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/broadcom-opens-ces-2015-with-range-of-consumer-innovations-300017119.html
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Corporate