Marvell demonstrates its industry leadership with a comprehensive suite of breakthrough semiconductor and software platformsSANTA CLARA, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a worldwide leader in providing complete silicon solutions from mobile communications to storage, Internet of Things (IoT), cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery and Kinoma® software enabling the "Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle," is demonstrating this week at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas the industry's most complete end-to-end solutions for mobile, storage, Smart Home Cloud, Internet of Things, networking infrastructure and product prototyping. As one of the industry's most innovative silicon design companies, Marvell's suite of breakthrough semiconductor and software demonstrations include wireless microcontroller, 4G LTE, SSD, automotive, 4K UHD TVs, smart servers, 3D printers, broadband and wireless connectivity, and Kinoma Create.
"I believe 2015 is a pivotal year in the Internet of Things, and I am very pleased with Marvell's leadership and advancement in driving technology innovation to new heights with a complete silicon and software end-to-end solution," said Weili Dai, President and Co-Founder of Marvell. "I am very proud to see Marvell's technology successfully deployed by leading global OEMs and service providers for their innovative IoT products—from Smart Home to automotive to industrial and mobile. I am very thankful for our global engineering teams' continuous invention, innovation and creation of new technologies. At Marvell it is our passion and mission to bring the benefit of technology to better the lives of all consumers around the world."
Marvell will be demonstrating its "Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle" solutions at CES 2015 in Marvell's suite in the Venetian Hotel, Level 3 (Murano No. 3304), including:
Expanding the Company's Internet of Things (IoT) Offerings
- Advancing the Company's IoT offerings from quick prototyping to mass production –
- The EZ-Connect™ product platform is a complete silicon and software IoT solution offering three wireless microcontrollers: MW300 for low-power Wi-Fi; MB300 for Bluetooth and MZ100 for Zigbee. Marvell's IoT chipsets and EZ-Connect SDK include support for Apple HomeKit and makes integration easy for device manufacturers to add the ability for their customers to securely pair and control devices throughout the home on iPhones and iPads running iOS8. Continuing its commitment to supporting IP-based wireless networking protocols, Marvell has joined The Thread Group and plans to add support for this protocol within 2015.
- Advanced In-Vehicle Connectivity Solutions - Marvell's ARMADA Mobile PXA1801 multi-mode 4G LTE modem offers the automotive industry a key technology solution for enabling advanced in-vehicle connectivity, as announced recently with Alps Electric. Marvell will demonstrate its ARMADA mobile solutions at CES 2015 as well as other leading-edge solutions targeted for automotive.
- Wireless Connectivity for carrier, enterprise and residential applications - Marvell extends its leadership in Wi-Fi solutions for end-to-end enterprise, service provider and consumer applications with its award-winning Avastar® Wi-Fi processor family including the launch of the industry's first 802.11ac Wave-2 4x4 processor featuring 160 MHz mode. Combining its ARMADA and Avastar product lines and integrating innovative programmable offloading capabilities, Marvell delivers the AP3200 Reference Platform, the industry's highest performance 4x4 802.11ac Wave-2 Wi-Fi and system-on-chip platform.
- Marvell G.hn wireline deployments - Marvell's award-winning G.hn technology powers world's first Smart TV with embedded G.hn powerline connectivity, available for China Telecom's more than 25 million IPTV subscribers. Skyworth's E690C Smart TV enables users to receive broadband and IPTV access through the home's powerlines without the need for external IPTV set-top-box, wireless or Ethernet connectivity. Skyworth's Marvell-powered Smart TV will be on display at HomeGrid Forum Booth No. 21624 in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Advancing the Connected Home
- Marvell's Smart Home Cloud Center™ solution - Marvell's Smart Home Cloud Center is the industry's first highly integrated home cloud solution that combines robust home networking, home automation, digital entertainment and secured storage functionality into one lightweight smart device. Smart Home Cloud Center is the only customizable turnkey reference platform that gives OEMs, cloud service providers and telecom carriers a complete technology solution to offer consumers a single integrated device to manage their wireline and wireless network connectivity, store their home media and multimedia, automate home devices, and access digital home entertainment anywhere, anytime and on any device.
Industry-Leading 4G LTE Solutions Empowering a Wide Variety of Smart Devices
- Further building Marvell's momentum of industry-leading 4G LTE solutions - Marvell recently announced the octa-core 64-bit 5-mode 4G LTE ARMADA® Mobile PXA1936 SoC targeted for high performance smartphones and tablets as well as its highly integrated quad-core 64-bit ARMADA Mobile PXA1908 SoC targeted for the fast growing 5-mode 4G LTE worldwide mass market. Supporting today's most popular wireless protocols, both products address the following wireless communications: TD-LTE, FDD-LTE, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA and GSM.
Driving the New Era of 3D Printing
- Industry's first fully integrated 3D printer SoC and platform solution - Marvell demonstrates its new fully integrated 3D printer SoC and platform solution based on the company's powerful and flexible 88PA6120 SoC, a revolutionary hardware development kit and full Linux-based software development kit. Marvell's 3D printing SoC solution is designed to help drive 3D printing into mainstream applications by enabling customers to quickly bring innovative, full-featured 3D printer products to market, enhancing the end user experience.
Addressing the Emerging Needs of the SSD Market
- Marvell's leading-edge SSD products based on its NANDEdge™ technology - Marvell's products are grounded on three core technology pillars, including: error correction and error-handling technology for data integrity; new storage interfaces such as NVM Express host control via PCIe interface to unleash SSD performance; and advanced processing and memory architecture. Marvell's solutions are manufactured in 28nm CMOS process technology which reduces power consumption – a key factor in deploying high performance SSD.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions and Kinoma software enabling the "Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle." From mobile communications to storage, Internet of Things (IoT), cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world's most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit