H1 supports new H.265 (HEVC) video standard for high resolution video streaming and fast uploading
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — January 6, 2015 — Ambarella, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMBA), a leading developer of low-power, HD and Ultra HD video processing semiconductors, today introduced the H1 camera System-On-Chip (SoC) for a new generation of sports and quadcopter cameras (flying cameras). The Ambarella H1 supports 4K Ultra HD H.264 video encoding at 60 frames per second for high-speed live-action recording with smooth slow-motion capabilities. It also supports the new H.265/HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) video standard for 4K Ultra HD encoding at up to 30 frames per second, providing higher image quality at lower bitrates as well as faster video uploads and higher resolution video streaming. A new generation of Image Sensor Pipeline (ISP) with High Dynamic Range (HDR) processing delivers high quality video and high megapixel photos even under extreme lighting conditions. The H1 also includes advanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) for stable video recording during windy or high motion conditions.
“The adoption of 4K Ultra HD video has been accelerating across consumer electronics markets,” said Fermi Wang, President and CEO of Ambarella. “The Ambarella H1 will enable a new generation of sports and flying cameras with high frame rate Ultra HD video, bringing professional-quality film making to the consumer.”
The Ambarella H1 integrates a hardware de-warping engine supporting 360-degree panoramic cameras. In addition to 4K Ultra HD encoding, it also supports 1440p (QHD) video at 120 frames per second and 1080p video at 240 frames per second, for smooth slow-motion playback. The integration of a 1.2 GHz dual-core ARM® Cortex®-A9 CPU with floating point and NEONTM provides significant processing power for customer applications including analytics and wireless networking. Its USB host provides connectivity with 4G/LTE solutions.
H1 Feature Summary
- H.264 (AVC) Baseline/Main/High Profile Level 5.2 encoding up to 4K Ultra HD resolution at 60 frames per second.
- H.265 (HEVC) Main Profile encoding up to 4Kp30 video.
- Next generation Image Sensor Pipeline (ISP) with 4Kp30 high ISO processing for excellent low-light imaging.
- Sensor capture rate of up to 2 Gigapixels per second with high-speed SLVS-EC/SLVS/MIPI®/HiSPi™ interfaces supporting up to 64-Megapixel (MP) sensor resolution.
- Line-interleaved multi-exposure High Dynamic Range (HDR) processing.
- Real-time hardware-accelerated de-warping for 360-degree panoramic lenses.
- Enhanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) with rolling shutter correction.
- 1.2 GHz dual-core ARM® Cortex®-A9 CPU with floating point, NEON and 1 MByte full speed L2 cache.
- Rich set of SoC interfaces includes support for DDR3/DDR3L/LPDDR2, USB 2.0 host and device, HDMI® 2.0 with 4Kp60 support, SDXC SD™ card, and dual sensor interfaces.
- USB host for 4G/LTE module connectivity.
- Low-power 28nm process technology.
Pricing and Availability
For pricing and availability please contact Ambarella at www.ambarella.com/about/contact/inquiries
The URL for this news release is: www.ambarella.com/about/news-events.html
The URL for the related image is: www.ambarella.com/about/news-events/press-images/H1-press-images.html
Ambarella, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMBA), is a leading developer of low-power, high-definition and Ultra HD video compression and image processing solutions. The company’s products are used in a variety of cameras including security IP-cameras, sports cameras, wearable cameras, flying cameras and automotive video camera recorders. Ambarella compression chips are also used in broadcasting TV programs worldwide. Ambarella is the recipient of the Global Semiconductor Alliance 2014 Award for “Most Respected Emerging Public Semiconductor Company.” For more information about Ambarella, please visit www.ambarella.com.
All brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Ambarella reserves the right to alter product and service offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice.
©2015 Ambarella. All rights reserved.
Valley Public Relations
Molly McCarthy, +1 408-978-1168
Investor Relations Contact:
Deborah Stapleton, +1 650-815-1239