Exhibition, Pavilions, Sessions Advance the Industry
TOKYO, Japan — November 5, 2014 — Presentations by Accenture Japan, Scripps, Toyota and ARM, were announced today for SEMICON Japan 2014, the largest exhibition in Japan for semiconductor manufacturing and related processing technology. Opening day presentations include: Makiko Eda (CEO of Intel K.K.), Chikatomo Hodo (president of Accenture Japan), Donald Jones (chief digital officer of Scripps), Tokuhisa Nomura (executive GM at Toyota), Yuzuru Utsumi (president of ARM K.K.), and Yasuo Naruke (CEO of Toshiba). The event will take place at its new venue in Tokyo Big Sight in Tokyo on December 3-5 with sessions on power devices, DFM, lithography, MEMS, packaging, test, and more. Bringing the latest in technology and opportunities for the semiconductor industry and to the new World of IoT (Internet of Things), SEMICON Japan offers a comprehensive look at what is going on in the industry. Registration is open for both the exhibition and programs on the SEMICON Japan 2014 website at www.semiconjapan.org.
The semiconductor equipment market in Japan is forecast to grow both in 2014 and 2015. Drivers for the increased investment are: memory devices, power semiconductors and “More than Moore” semiconductor technologies. According to the SEMI World Fab Forecast, in 2014, Japan will spend more than $10 billion in 2014 on semiconductor equipment and materials. The projection for 2015 is to more than double semiconductor equipment spending to $4.2 billion.
SEMICON Japan 2014 will bring Japan’s rebounding semiconductor equipment market into focus and the underlying technology and business drivers. SEMICON Japan will enable attendees to explore key technologies and business models necessary to grow in the coming years. Highlights include:
- East Hall: SEMICON Japan exhibitors display their products and offer seminars all day throughout the event. The floor layout includes a dedicated “World of IOT” area (TechSPOT East), Front-end Process Zone, Back-end/Materials & Overall Process Zone, and more.
- SuperTHEATER (Conference Tower 1F): Programs include the Opening Reception, Women in Business program, Opening Keynotes, and seven forums: Semiconductor Executive Forum, IT Forum, IoT Forum, SEMI Market Forum, 2.5D/3D IC Forum, GSA Forum, and Manufacturing Innovation Forum.
- SEMI Technology Forum (East Hall 3 and 5): Features these sessions: Power Device, DFM, Advanced Lithography, MEMS Sensors, Advanced Devices/Process, TSV/2.5D/3D, and Packaging. No interpretation available.
- Pavilions on: Manufacturing Innovation, Ecosystem, Chemical Materials Management, and Secondary Equipment.
- Conference Tower programs: SEMI EHS Standards Energetics Workshop, SEMATECH Symposium, International Compliance and Regulatory Seminar, Hospitality Seminar (TRUMPF Huettinger), Sustainable Manufacturing and High Tech Facility Forum, and the SEMI Standards Friendship Party.
- Focus on Internet of Things (IoT) includes many sessions in both the SuperTHEATER and the two TechSTAGEs.
The opening reception, opening session (Women in Business program) and opening keynotes are no charge for SEMICON Japan 2014 exposition attendees, but pre-registration is required. In addition, SEMICON Japan 2014 includes various social networking events: SEMI President Reception, SEMI Standards Friendship Reception, Member Reception Awards Ceremony, Pavilion Exhibitor’s Networking Reception Party, and Happy Hour.
SEMICON Japan 2014 is the place for information exchange and networking opportunities for people interested in semiconductor-related businesses in Asia — through the opening keynotes, pavilion and exchange networking events. SEMICON Japan 2014 also provides exhibitors an excellent opportunity to meet major device companies through the Suppliers Search Program. Japanese-English simultaneous translation will be available for many of the events and sessions at SEMICON Japan.
Sponsors of SEMICON Japan include Advantest Corporation and Tokyo Electron Limited as Platinum sponsors, and Applied Materials Inc., ASE Group, Daihen Corporation, Ebara Corporation, JSR Corporation, Lam Research Corporation and Screen Semiconductor Solutions, Co., Ltd. as Gold sponsors.
For further information on SEMICON Japan, visit www.semiconjapan.org/en/.
SEMI is the global industry association serving the nano- and microelectronic manufacturing supply chains. Our 1,900 member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information on SEMI, visit www.semi.org.
Email: Email Contact
Email: Email Contact